Honda Accord Sport 2.0 12k/36months: Please Evaluate before I sign

1 Like

I signed the contract today, delivery Tom. No surprises so far.

Should I get the tire/wheel protection for these low profile tires ? They were telling me insurance won’t cover wheels and tires if they burst from potholes.

Obviously I said okay I will think about it and not pay for the advertised offer right away.

Or is this something I should call my insurance (Geico) about tire/wheel coverage ?

I wouldn’t on a lease. I paid like $550 for wheel/tire/dent/ding but I own mine and coverage is for 5 years. Haven’t had a flat tire in 36k miles but I’ve had some dings and curb rash taken care of with it. Takes a lot to bend an OEM wheel.

Are there any 3rd party sites that would cover rims and tires for cheap?

Just as an example I found gapdirect.com to get gap coverage for waaaaay cheaper in place of Toyota’s gap offered in finance (my car insurance doesn’t cover gap here in NJ). $288 for 3 years.

Right, but you aren’t in NY, correct, @chrishs2000? The roads around here are getting worse and worse. My tires on my 2017 S60 weren’t exactly low profile, but I hit a massive pothole that swallowed a few other cars at about the same time, and bye bye tire! I was surprised I didn’t crack the rim considering how hard I hit it (dark highway at night in January). I bought the protection this time because I have low profile tires and expensive, upgraded wheels this time. I also had a garage at work that kept scraping my wheels. I got the package discounted and didn’t cap it, though, so to each his own. I also paid with a credit card where I earned 3% back in rewards. :slight_smile:

I just saw a posting here in the past 2 weeks for adding 3rd party time/rim protection. On a Honda Accord it could be $400-500, who knows but reach out and get a quote, then compare to anything your insurance can off. This guy is in NJ, Good Luck!

1 Like

A/S/L??? :laughing:

I’m in the Ann Arbor MI area but I grew up in NY. I can promise you that the roads are far worse here :sneezing_face:

Spoke to my insurance (Geico) they do not cover tire/wheels.

I’ve never lost a tire before this winter due to potholes, I lost 2 tires in potholes here in Middletown NJ, one on my Expedition and the other on my daughter’s Elantra.

It’s the liquid brine they are spraying on the roads before storms. The brine eats the roads and the underside of the cars. My 2005 Expedition has been eaten away by brine and chunks of rust are falling off all over it.

yeah… I guess I’m leaning towards declining their plan and see how my experience goes. Majority of my driving area is decent roads, some bad areas where I guess I will be more cautious. Can not prepare for all potholes of course.

do you have the sport 2.0T trim? I never had slim profile tires…so that’s a first for me.

Looks pretty good. Here they are offering $435/mo on similar Accord’s in my area.

Happen to be in NJ? Because thats what I’ve been getting

Maryland 202020

Is there a way to add that to the FAQ forum or “Leasing 101?” Seems like an important topic.

Yes it will be added!

delivery taken :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Feel free to mention what’s right/wrong.

I didn’t understand the cap cost here of -473.82

Honda Loyalty: 750

Honda does things a little different. The $750 may be a straight dealer contribution (versus a consumer rebate/incentive) and reflected in your selling price. The $473.82 is a cash down payment from you, apparently. Unless you can find a manufacturer rebate or contribution somewhere else in the contract.

They also had you pay the entire monthly payment sales tax up front which is unnecessary and makes no sense. I’m not sure what would happen if you moved and your new state wanted it’s sales tax.

But it’s a good deal :slight_smile: enjoy your new ride!!!

I’m looking for pricing in PA for my cousin. First number from the dealer was $407. When I put it in my spreadsheet and the calculator I get $384. I asked if I was missing any fees and they just told me they aren’t sure how I’m doing the math. They resent the same worthless info sheet that just had the payment.

The calculator is NOT 100% accurate. But that far off I’d assume they must have something either baked in or incorrect. Sales guys do not know how to calculate leases, they just quote whatever their desking software spits out.