Honda Accord end of lease, Aprox how much in Damage?

Ya but what’s the car worth? If you can sell it to carmax, vroom… for close to what you owe then you avoid the damage charges and the disposition fee.

Not sure if they would charge for repairs to the rim or charge for new rims, but they definitely don’t buy OEM rims from Walmart.

2 Likes

Vroom is at 13k
Carvana 14614
RV 15618 ( I think that’s pretax pay off I’m in NJ if that helps)

Saw these
https://www.wheelership.com/new-17-replacement-wheel-for-honda-accord-2016-2017-rim-64080.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=1o1&scid=scplp2436&sc_intid=2436&gclid=CjwKCAjw5dnmBRACEiwAmMYGOeaojUlyEnhjg8hORulHp73muKV_zp95u838GqPdUY975mClrqkF9hoCiTEQAvD_BwE

Not sure if they are oem or not

Replicas are not OEM. HFS will not be charging you replica prices. If you want to use those, replace them beforehand yourself.

1 Like

Do you think they would notice? Or inspect them? Also are there any alternatives to a free inspection as there are no appointments Availible before my end of lease besides one which is the day before my lease ends

And do you know if in NJ let’s say I got 15k for my car via carvana would I be paying off the residual or the pay off amount which includes tax?

I’m going to ask on Monday if the bmw dealership would consider a trade in and see what they would give me

I’m confused if I go through carvana/ trade In would I be at
Pay off( includes tax) - what they give me
Or
Residual (no tax) - what they give me

Or would they contact honda directly and tell me where I’m at

You keep saying RV. Call Honda and get your actual payoff excluding tax. If a dealer (includes carvana) buys your car there is no tax. If carvana really will give you that much take your 1k hit and be done with this. Considering you’ll skip the disposition fee seems like a good deal. Use the search function and do some research and most of your questions will be answered.

1 Like

Carvana might dock him a few dollars for the damage but it’s better than he will do turning it in if the payoff is close to RV.

Thank you so much, also one question if the dealer pays it off I’m guessing they avoid taxes as well is that correct?
And honda told me the RV is the pay off amount without tax and the total pay off is the amount with RV + Tax

Also if I were to sell it privately would I then pay honda the taxed amount (payoff) or untaxed (RV)?

So I called carvana and they told me what I have to do is call honda and ask for a 10 day dealer pay off and that’s the amount I would have to pay if a third party buys the car

I’m guessing that amount is what carvana/a dealership would have to pay

Dealer pays the amount without tax. If you buy it out then sell it privately you could have to pay the tax. Depends on your state tax laws. Carvana easier. If you have a carmax near you that is the easiest as they can take the car that day. Couldn’t you always call Honda and get a one month extension to have time to figure this all out. Then have your inspection see what you owe and then do the math on the best option. No need to overthink this.

The thing is the car I’m getting I need to close this week on the deal and there’s no inspections this week so I’m a bit rushed I need to be under 2k in damages/ negative equity, if carvana deffintley pays the amount without tax I’m pretty good cause I won’t have to pay mileage and deposition

Dealer pays without tax.
Also check thread on here about Carvana. There is a long replies what was owed as payoff and what was paid by Carvana

1 Like

Hey just read a bunch of posts what I gathered is,
If I sell to a dealer/vroom/carvana they don’t pay tax they pay the 10 Day dealer Payoff price (which I would get from HFS)

So now I’m going to ask the honda dealership where I got my car from if they can do an inspection within this week… and tell me the total cost. If not then most likeley will go to one of these sites. Vrooms offer is 15k, carvana is 14,618 I’m going to ask carvana if they can match vroom because I heard the process is much faster with them,

I doubt Vroom/Carvana can buy your car in time. Plus, has their offer been verified with the condition that your Honda is in? Once they actually see your Honda, they would probably adjust it lower.

See if the Honda dealer wants to buy it.

Read the carvana get things done in a couple days, and there policy is based of trust, I called and told them I have scratches on two rims and they said all you have to do I mention there are scratches and that covers all scratches , they said there guy just comes to see the miles, picks up a car and I would hand them a check for the amount I owe

Don’t expect a competitive dealership to give you a worthwhile amount. It is difficult for them to sell brands that aren’t their own. Your best bet is carvana. Vroom takes a really long time.

2 Likes