Honda Accord end of lease, Aprox how much in Damage?

So I leased a Honda Accord ex in 2016
Deal: 215 p/mo 2000 DAS
I had some questions before returning

So I can’t get an appointment till one day before the end of my lease, I need to get a car in the upcoming week and was going with a different make. I know honda gives a 500 dollar wear and tear waiver but how much do you think on top of that would these damages cost? And any solution to get a quicker inspection preferably by Tuesday?

Bump.202020

If the damage was fixed at a body shop and not your friend’s house who has no idea about body work, you wouldn’t get charged.

That said, many times, the charges from the captive are very reasonable, so it’s always good to see what they will charge vs going to get it fixed at a body shop. It may be cheaper just to turn it in and pay the “fine.”

Okay so once the inspector comes, and gives me a quote let’s say for example the quote is more than a body shop, and I were to go get it fixed at a body shop, when they reinspect would they pay extra attention like I know at time even for rim scratches they want the whole rim replaced etc so if I were to get it fixed at a shop without having to go through the cost of a new rim would they look for if I did that and then charge me anyways.

I don’t believe they reinspect, but you should turn a copy of the body shop receipts in when you ground it. That way, there’s record of you getting the work done and you have something to fall back on. Call Honda financial and see if you can get a reinspect after the work is done for peace of mind.

There are companies that will repair a rim as well vs buying a new one. Usually costs around 75-125 per rim and the amount of damage.

Okay thanks a lot , and if I were to finance this car I would pretty much finance the residual value correct? Then I wouldn’t have to pay for any damages/mileage overage, also my residual is around 15k but carfax and other companies are Valuing it from 16-18k

Yes, if you refi the residual amount, the inspection becomes moot.

Okay also (sorry for so many questions first time returning a lease) if I were to say return the car and agree with the dealer damages and mileage would be waived due to me leasing another car from the same dealership, would that also be a possibility or could they just say we will waive it but then not discount me on the sales price of the new car as much as they would if there weren’t any overages/damage

Who drives with a tire in that condition? :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Replaced all the tires once already was like 800 bucks and just leased another car so just waiting to see how much dealer would wave before fixing anything …

The dealer is the middleman. The charges are between Honda and you. Whatever Honda waives vs what the damage cost is will be between you and them. Discount on new car wouldn’t be affected.

I think the goal is to not scrape the car’s wheels on the curb.

Although true, :poop: happens, as they say.

aright and is there a possibility if I went to another brand such as bmw or Acura would they pay for my damage / mileage I’ve been getting bunch of (checks) letters from other dealerships saying that they will pay up to 5000 or something dollars if I switched to their brand, also got one from a different honda dealership saying if I switched to their dealership they would discount 2500 in any damages or mileage overage with the delalership I got my car from, is that all a scam to get you into a new dealership or does it actually work

Lolllll I know not my doing though lol you can guess whose haha

No, they wouldn’t pay for damage. Only way to avoid damage going to another brand is to have that brand buy the car off you. Acura is a different story, and the waiver would probably apply there, since you’re staying with “Honda” in that case.

If the other brand is claiming they will “waive” charges, they are taking that out of the new car discount. Yes, it’s a “scam.”

Ahh I see also if I were to sell the car off privateley I could just go into the dealership and pay the residual off cash/check correct?

Just checked my documents
I don’t understand how
RV: 15700
Pay off amount is 17700
Purchase option is 15700 I’m guessing I would pay this

Which one am I responsible for and why are they different

Most of these questions can be answered by searching.

2 Likes

RV is what the car is worth or owed at the end of the lease. What you could buy it for at the end, after all payments are made.

Pay off is RV plus your remaining payments, and dispo fee. What you would owe now to terminate early or sell the vehicle.