Honda Accord end of lease, Aprox how much in Damage?

If the dealer was buying the car, they would pay honda direct. If you owed more than they offered you for the car, they can roll that in to the new or you cut them a check for the difference. If dealer offer was more than what you owe, the dealer would cut you a check for the difference.

I believe the payoff amount includes your local sales tax on the RV.

I only have one teaming payment of 214 and I think the depo fee is 350 so it’s not adding up to 17700
Sales tax is 630
So 630+564 - 1194

You would send the payment to HFS via a certified/bank check and they will mail you the title and lienholder release

Aright yeah probably going to see if I can get a hack on the new accord or tlx I doubt it but who knows
I got loyalty and college grad so hopefully they don’t go too crazy and waive some things

No. If the dealer was buying the car, the dealer would take care of payoff, not the OP. If HE were buying the car, then yes, I’d agree. I took his question as he was interested in “trading.”

Re-reading his question, it’s a little vague. Not sure if he’s intending to sell private party or trade in.

Probably not trade in because I know you usually get a lesser value, I think in this case leasing another honda or possibly Acura would work if they would waive the mileage and damage waiver

Just in case though if I were to sell it privately
I would then pay 15700 to honda which is the residual value

If I traded it in then they would tell me there price and I would pay the difference RV-honda trade in value

Again, that agreement is between you and Honda. Dealer plays no part in that outside of selling you a new Honda and keeping you loyal.

You need to call Honda and find out your retail payoff amount. Just paying RV isn’t how it works, and I misspoke when replying on my phone. There are also taxes involved you would need to pay.

okay that’ sounds good thanks everyone who contributed

Honda actually gives you $1000 worth of wear and tear iffffff you lease another car from them when turning in the car you have with them now.

Now towards the end of my lease I received about 3 competitors advertisements with a $1500 voucher to use towards a new car, Nissan and Toyota, it was a voucher for $1500 it would go towards over mileage and I believe buying out some of the remaining lease payments. I decided to stay with Honda when I brought back my previous lease. The car had under mileage and was in mint condition.
I think if you go into another lease they will overlook your situation.

Make sure it’s dirty when you get it inspected, night time inspections are good too

Speaking of inspections, looks like you did some major curb inspections, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a tyre tore up like that

1 Like

I had a friend bring his car back. It was really used and abused. The only time it was ever washed was when they brought it in to get the oil changed, came with a free car wash. It had dings and scratches, a hole in front bumper. It was in fair condition with over mileage. The day he brought it back (the last and final day) I asked did you at least wash it. He said nope. Turned it in…he told me a few weeks later that between the over mileage and disposition fee that the charge was around $1200. Now I saw the car …there is no possible way the charge would have been that low with the mileage being thousands of miles over and the fair condition the car was in…
They sent him the bill and he questioned the disposition fee, I said you can’t question the disposition fee, supposingly he told me that after a few weeks of back and forth they dropped the disposition fee and all he paid was around $800 …now I didn’t see his bill but the story is really hard to believe. I don’t see how that was that possible…

Lmaoooooooo :joy::joy: ol make sure that’s the case , just really don’t want to get into another honda when I get probably get into a much better car for the same price but wel see when next month comes lol

Thanks everyone

So there’s literally no appointments till one day of my lease turn in is there anything I can do to somehow get a free inspection before that, I’m getting another car next sat (in 7 days) and want to be done before that
Preferably in the next couple days ( by Tuesday)

Update how much In Damages?? Any approximate guesses

My estimate : tires 250 a pop = 500 (waived)
Front bumper scratch (don’t think they would charge)
Rims max 150 a pop (Walmart has them for 150) - 300

Total : 300 + excess mileage = 14-1500 + deposition = 1800 ish Max I’m thinking

How many miles are on the car right now?

Allowed 30k at 37000

Dude get your actual pretax payoff and drive it to carmax.

My residual is like 15,618 exact ( I think that would be the pre tax pay off) I’m in NJ if that helps