High end cars buy/lease?

Good thinking guys. Dealers buy and sell cars for profit all the time

I would be ok with that IF they go through the car and provide a 30 day warranty.

Dealers donā€™t pay taxes when they buy/sell the cars.

Sure, Iā€™d be too. But I think they will sell it to you ā€œas isā€ - there is a lot of risk buying a used car at auction. Just donā€™t expect to pay what they paid at auction.

This is very untrue.

If you go to a well-known dealer auction like Manheim they pride themselves in less than 1% arbitration rate. This means that the car represented is what youā€™re getting no frills.

Also the sellers have ratings so you can make the best decision if not to proceed with bidding ahead of time.

If it was such a gamble dealers wouldnā€™t be bidding on and paying for Supercar and ultra luxury cars that I see sell for 150-300k on a weekly basisā€¦

Yes you guys are correct. They do not pay taxes. Sorry for the mislead.

Not a gamble, but risk. Manheim was selling cars in all conditions, maybe itā€™s diffetent now.
If you order a particular car from an auction then itā€™s on you. When dealers buy for themselves, itā€™s different - same risk vs. higher reward and they expect some reconditioning.

I bought a new leftover 2008 Shelby GT-500 convertible in 2009 for 40k, $21k under sticker. I used it for three years and sold it for $43k with 20k miles three years later. Has to do with the demand for a certain vehicle. I like leasing just so I. Annhave a new car every few years and not worry about any maintenance.

Where did you find that type of deal? CL?

They had it at Imperial Ford in Mendon Massachusetts. I traded a 2005 Roush which I walked off even paid note.

After these high powered Mustangs you mustā€™ve gotten in on the Hellcat deals then!

Getting older like the luxury in the bimmer :wink:

still good. but it is rare. the car is a close cousin of a supercar. the rule on a supercar is that it depreciates the first 3 years on the year of the car and after that, it is all about the odometer. so sure, you could buy a year old car for a HUGE discount and keep it 3 years. but it better be a car someone would consider collecting.

Agree, the Roush was a certain person that wanted it. While I was doing the deal at the dealership he made some phone calls and had the Roush sold in a couple of hours. Especially personally signed by Jack Roush.

I wonder how hellcats value will hold up in the next couple of years.

probably not as well as a viper. but that would be a good comparable.

This question does not have a universal answer so I can only share my thoughts.
If you are going for a Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Jaguarā€¦then I would recommend leasing (assuming you can manage the mileage). Those makers tend to lease pretty well (though BMW recently changed their programs).
For vehicles like Porsche, Range Roverā€¦those vehicles tend to lease very poorly and therefore it is probably better to purchase. You do need to keep in mind that you will have a limited amount of warranty (unlikely the constant coverage of leasing) and Porsches and such are rather pricey to repair (should repairs be needed).

Does anyone here have experience with police auctions and what kind of deals theyā€™ve gotten there?

As long as you canā€™t afford a high end new car, stay away from the same used car.

Sorry, very new to the leasing world and have only bought one car in my life.