Tax 117$
Non tax fees 586.75$
Total: 47.319.23
MF 0.00100
Residual 58%

DAS 1500$ monthly payment 552 included tax
Or
DAS 2000$ monthly payments 523 included tax

Please let me know where i can save little more?

Is that a 36 month? $500 Month down equated to $1044 in payments? wow

Thank you for response
Yes, 36 months/ 10k

Residual looks good, you have 3 separate discounts
BTW is this a 2020 or a 2021?

You are getting $8200 so I can’t see where you can squeeze another $.

Darn $1000 extra down = $1044 in payments. Well then I wouldn’t bother.

So it’s $2500 not $2000 DAS.

Max out those MSDs rather than pay money down up front.

If you can do MSDs, do those.

I leased a demo XC90 T5 with 20s, Nav, protection package, and heating package in early September and with no money down except first month, it came to 610 tax included (NJ)

I came across some older posts where people have mentioned that some Volvo dealerships have deducted money from the MSDs citing excessive wear and tear. Can they do it instead of sending the client a bill that can be disputed first and settled thereafter? Also, Volvo lease deals do include GAP insurance. Is it advisable to take the wear n tear insurance if it’s offered at a reasonable price or just take a chance? Or will that insurance, the monthly lease cost will be pretty close to if you ‘subscribe’?

If this is a 2021, Look at the t6, there is an additional 1k in lease cash.

BTW Poster,
Since you PM’d me about being a newbie leaser.

The MSD’s they are talking about are basically payment deposits. (Look it up if you want more details) and will reduce the interest charge (The Money Factor) and saves you money.
At the end of the lease you can either request the MSD’s to be refunded or some will just apply it to the end payments.

Down payments don’t reduce the interest (well it does, you saw the $44 reduction), it just makes the monthly cheaper. MSDs can reduce the payment because of interest reduction.

Ex : Chevy allows up to 36 MSD’s (called OnePay) which reduces the interest and saves lots of money.

There’s a side benefit if you crash the car early, but that’s not a payment discussion :slight_smile:

A lot of great information.
Thank you

Just to be a little pendantic, the dealer isn’t involved in the disposition fees or how costs are handled. They, nor the inspector that marks up the return costs, have any knowledge that you put down MSDs, so the idea that they charged more for wear and tear because you put down MSDs is unfounded. You’re going to get charged what you get charged for wear and tear. I don’t know if you can get them to send you an itemized bill separate from the MSDs or not, but ultimately, it really doesn’t make a difference.

2 Likes

Well, I was talking about posts like this: Got charged $2000 for excessive wear and tear Volvo lease return

If you are only sent a bill but not charged yet, you can probably talk to them and get it reduced. Will they do the same and refund a part of your money if they’ve already deducted it from your MSDs? That will be bit of a challenge, no? I am not debating the benefit of paying the MSDs as it brings down the MF and thus the monthly lease amount.

Normally, you would have gotten the car inspected prior to turn in and had the opportunity to deal with any damages. Obviously the lack of inspections due to covid throws a wrench in things, but the thought that you’re going to negotiate your way out of the charge is just speculation.

1 Like

Get Preinspected and Get the Bill.

Look at bill, take pictures of the offending items that aren’t offending, you have proof to contest with the leasing company. (Lots of work btw)

Turn in Uninspected

Look at bill, yell at the fake charges, call up the Leasing company and it’s your word versus their inspector…who btw has pictures.

Revisiting this old thread. When you say “you would have gotten the car inspected prior to turn in”, do you mean from a third party inspector of my choice? In that case, isn’t there a possibility that the inspections done by the dealer’s inspector after I turn the car in may not match with the pre turn in findings? Will they let me use the same inspector before I turn the car in? What are the usual options offered?

The typical way that this is done (covid withstanding) is Volvo contracts out the inspection to AutoVIN. They come to you a few weeks before the lease expires and inspect the vehicle, giving you an itemized list of any expected expenses. You can then correct those and provide evidence of correction or pay at turn in. Typically, this is the inspection report that is used to assess wear and tear, unless something major occurs between that inspection and actual turn in.

2 Likes

One other question. If a protection plan covers ‘worn out tires’, does that mean one doesn’t need to buy a new set of tires while returning the leased car? It can be quite expensive. In that case, if I get a discounted ‘excess wear & tear’ protection plan, is it worth it since it’ll also come with protections against dents, scratches, chips etc?

Just curious, what do you like about the 20 inch wheels? I guess it just looks better? I’ve heard that 18 inch wheels are better for pot holes, etc. in protecting the rim. Just wondering if there are functional advantages in having 20 inch wheels.

Larger wheels mean heavier set up, less tire compliance, more rolling inertia, etc.

They’re basically worse than smaller wheels in every way but aesthetics.

1 Like