Help with BMW M3 lease numbers

It IS the WORST time in decades to lease right now. Honestly, the best thing to do is wait another year to see what happens…otherwise you are just burning money.

4 Likes

Since it gets mentioned on here every week…you are aware of what happens to the down payment in the event of a serious or total accident situation, right?

4 Likes

No, I wasn’t talking about putting that money in the market or trying to make money with it or anything like that.

I was talking about that IF you do lease just put it in a savings account at your bank (earning 0.5% or whatever) and use it pay some of your payment every month. Your effective payment will be close to the same and if the car is totaled you at least keep some of it.

But given the current BMW lease terms if you have $15k or $20k to put down then it’s crazy to lease over just buying it.

1 Like

Just got off the phone with a dealer who will honor 2023 M3 MSRP and has nobody in line for my specific M3 allocation (the Base is less popular). I would be the first M3 delivered for them. Stay tuned and I’ll share more when I get numbers confirmed. Hopefully they don’t pile on a security system, permacoat, nitrogen tires, and pad the MF.

Thanks for all the feedback on the down payment I’ll definitely consider the advice.

So back to my original question. Does anyone actually know what a good MF and lease deal is for a BMW right now? I never really got an answer to that since we started talking about down payments and college.

A good MF is base MF (it’s high right now, and the bank controls it), you can google forum Edmunds lease deals bmw M3, and post your zip there for specific incentives.

The best lease deal is the highest discount, adjusted for MF markup and additional items like nitrogen, and lowest fees (dealer fees, etc).

But the best play rn, is just not to play (at least my opinion).

1 Like

I didn’t find the MF posted on Edmunds but the Leasehackr calculator says 0.00158 MF / 3.79% APR. I think I saw someone else reference that MF in the forum also. I have top credit so hopefully can get that.

I may look at MSDs to see if that is worth it to get the MF lower.

Allocations for M3 and M4 can be switched by dealer to any model…more incentive for them to take care of non base orders so be prepared for LONG and uncertain wait.

1 Like

That is actually where I landed when my last lease was up. I bought it out and stayed out of the market. Now I’m wanting the upgrade and hearing that orders were taking 12 months, I figured I should get in line now. It looks like I may get one as early as Sept though. Maybe I can dream that discounts will be back by then…

Thanks for this insight, I didn’t know that.

If you literally just googled what Hershey told you Edmunds info comes right up:

1 Like

Don’t bother, BMW MSDs roi is one of the lowest iirc.

2 Likes

https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/bmwfs-multiple-security-deposit-msd-program-updated-for-2021-more.1403142/

1 Like

To be clear any allocation for an M3/4 can be changed to base/comp/xdrive variant by dealer…some won’t take time/effort to do so tho…some will take care of highest MSRP version wait lists/orders first…again, lots of unknowns.

And if ordering by the time you get car who knows what lease/finance programs will be anyway.

Several things to be aware of:

1. Allocations are fixed to M3 or M4, but then can be converted across base/comp/xdrive. This is up to the dealer, some will convert, some are maintaining separate lists.
  2. You are NOT getting a '22 unless you magically find a car on the ground, or someone backs out on an order. Waitlists to get an allocation for an M3 sedan are far longer than for the M4, so if you’re good with 2 doors, an M4 will be much easier.
  3. Dealers maintain their own waiting lists on how they hand out allocations, if you really want the car, get on as many lists as possible. Make sure any deposits are fully refundable
  4. Why is your dealer quoting you 2022 pricing? Start of production from July forward will be 2023 models for the M3. The base/manual has gone up by $2700 plus a few hundred on the options. The dealers know this and have the price/option list for 2023
  5. The 2023 M3 will have the new screens from the BMW i4 (iDrive 8), the M4 will retain iDrive7 for one more year.

Find a few honest dealers around you and get on the waitlists. It’s going to be a while, I don’t believe M3 allocations have been released in the last few months, all the remaining '22 orders will get rolled over to '23. Anyone who’s telling you that you’ll get a car before the end of the year doesn’t know what they’re talking about. The only builds for '23 that I’ve heard of being confirmed are the Jahre limited editions @ around $95k MSRP.

1 Like

Speaking of which: We’ve acquired a couple more Jahre allocations. :slightly_smiling_face:

ADM on the Jahres? :slight_smile:

You know it.

That too will be updated mid month.

1 Like

Don’t tempt me, thankfully, they aren’t offering them with a manual, comp xdrive only. Even if you’re in the market for an xDrive, still not sure if it’s worth it other than the special badging/logos. You can’t choose the interior color, so might be better off just doing straight individual and picking your own customer exterior with whatever interior you want and probably come out cheaper. Completely understand ADM on the M4 CSL, surprised so many people will pay ADM on the Jahre.

2 Likes

Also, that lease quote is for a low mileage lease of 7500/yr.

Payment on that scenario at MSRP and full MF markup is 1224 with 1500 incentives…so that is what you should tell dealer you are willing to pay…only first payment and dealer/govt fees down.

You should be smart enough to calculate and know upfront what your payment should be based on what you are willing to do…and not rely on dealer quotes.

Doing reverse engineering on the payment with 10K down that dealer is charging you around 90500 for car including incentives and the nitro and perma fees.

https://leasehackr.com/calculator?ma…w_demo_25=true

https://leasehackr.com/calculator?ma…w_demo_25=true

Finance and put $10k on treasury i-bonds if you haven’t already.

9 Likes