Help With 2021 Chevy Silverado Lease

Have a field day with this one. Note, I have a current lease, on which I have used very few of the miles, and the truck is worth much more than the payoff. My understanding is that the +4421 will be rolled into my next lease. “On the payoff line you will see your equity amount, on a lease it will show as - $4,421”

2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 4WD Crew Cab LTZ w/1LZ
MSRP $59,910
$49,718 sales price, $52,366 “net cap cost”
Sales tax $1544.88
All available rebates, including costco.
MF: .00135
48/15
Residual: 544% 48 months
Payments: $0 down $546 48 months

Dallas, TX

It seems like US Bank lease, looking at residual and MRM. Question is why you not get Tundra? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I have considered a Tundra (heck, a tacoma may work for me just not sure it would be “luxury” enough"), and have seen your spreadsheet, and overall admire your hustle and marketing. I am not picky on truck brand, just that it needs to be 4x4 leather, and nicey optioned. And of course as my current truck is worth much more than the payoff, rolling positive equity forward makes sense.

I try to be loyal. I have done 15+ cars thru this leasing company and they have always made everything super easy for me with email communications, text, and drop off/pickup. I have not been inside a dealership in 20 years. However my primary contact left the field last year and I am dealing with someone new.

So… you are saying you can think about leasing a Tacoma Limited or Tundra Limited or Platinum, if the price is right?

I can do delivery too. Matter of fact, I was in Houston delivering Tundra today.

Not sure how that’s relevant? Edmunds shows the captive programs AFAIK while your sheet is 48m with a non-captive

How does rolling positive equity forward make sense exactly? I would want this equity back as a cash payout. As is, this isn’t a $0 down deal, it’s a $4421 down deal. That makes the effective payment close to $700/mo at the 36 month term. You can get into a Sierra Denali for that payment. You need to get somebody to quote GM Financial terms instead.

I don’t understand why no rebates are shown unless they are rolled into the discount. Between loyalty, Costco and incentives you should have a few thousand in rebates. Is this a GM supplier deal?

6 Likes

You forget, this is Texas and lease taxes are a killer. This is a leasing company.

What does that have to do with taking equity out as cash vs putting it down as cap cost reduction (CCR)?

I think you might be better served by finding a dealer with tax credits and comparing a GMF 36 month program. An extra year, as well as 24,000 additional miles is a long time to be out of warranty on something too.

no tax credit, no lease. Unless there is crazy discount, which seems not the case in your offer.

I am guilty of doing leases in the past and not scrutinizing numbers. Convenience factor.

Now that I am better educated, I am pushing my leasing company that I have done 10-15 leases with for transparency and how they are arriving at the bottom number, and what I finding turns my stomach a bit. Do not get me wrong, I understand fees, and that everyone needs to make money. But this seems excessive.

So let’s see $4690 in “fees”:
Acquisition fees: $2595
Facilitation fee of $1,095 (not in screenshot)
“lender fees could be and additional $1,000 to $1,500”

When asking about the fees being so high, I was told “Dealers just typically hide them in the financing or hold back on the vehicle.”

In fact, in reviewing my current and previous leases I can not find these “fees” disclosed. I am sure they are there, just “hidden”.

The only weird things there are the acquisition fee being sky-high (BMW is $925, for example) and the concept of a facilitation fee. If “lender fee” means rent charge (interest), that’s normal. What exactly is this “leasing company?”

$2595 acquisition fee? That’s unheard of and unprecedented. What brand is this?

3 Likes

Ditto. That acquisition fee is insane and most certainly marked up.

Are you the guy that was leasing that Chiron for $62k a month? Acquisition fee might make sense for that.

1 Like

I believe he forgot to add in the full-of-shit fee.

2 Likes

Mystery car lease, oh goodie, my favorite…:mage::crystal_ball:

I’d go ahead and skip the leasing company and save thousands!

1 Like

And mystery lender/lessor/bank/broker…

1 Like

isn’t acquisition, facilitation, and lender fees supposed to be one single fee (to lender)? and should be capped by 1195 or whatever? I don’t think I ever saw more.

you should have

1. lender/bank fee (acquisition)
  2. dealer fee (doc fee) / electronic processing
  3. registration (title/plates)

Everything else you listed is a mystery.

Did you pay this broker out of pocket?

If not then I’m almost positive that acquisition fee is packing their service fee.

2 Likes