Help! The Sharks are Eating Me! 2020 Mercedes CLA 250

Leasing and trying to get a good deal seems like being hung by your toes and beat down. There isn’t enough wine for this process… please help!

Edited to add new monthly.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Mercedes CLA 250 Front Wheel Drive
MSRP: $ 41,620
Selling Price: $37,370
Monthly Payment: $465
Drive-Off Amount: $2000
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF: .00088
Residual: 58%
Incentives:
Maintenance: $1100 (services covered for 36 month are basic 10, 20, and 30k)
Region: Northern California - Bay Area (aka: bloodsucking Money grabbers everywhere)
Leasehackr Score: 7.5
Leasehackr Calculator Link:

With an RV of 58% and no incentives, I’m not sure what you’re expecting. It isn’t going to lease amazingly because the discount isn’t absolutely insane. You’re way better off with another make and or model

2 Likes

This is where I’m confused. There is suppose to be a $4000 loyalty that I’m getting for leasing again through Mercedes. I’m at lease end on my first lease. The MSRP of $41 and sell of $37 isn’t favoring the $4000. They have a “Sonic” price for every vehicle lower than the MSRP. That vehicle sell price is already $37. I don’t see where the $4000 is applied.

Are you sure there is $4k loyalty?

@Calvin.MB Maybe you can help?

1 Like

That’s what they are saying but I’m not seeing it applied. Because I’m lease end, of I were to go in and lease my exact make and model Mercedes waives the disposition and has the $4,000 incentive. When I asked if I could have that applied to the CLA (Versus the GLE), they agreed. Though with the numbers I posted, I don’t see it. When I asked where it was, they state in the sales price. That sales price though is what anyone on the street would get.

Are there any 2019s left? The 2020 is a brand-new model and presumably isn’t going to lease well for at least several more months…

1 Like

I don’t think there is a $4k loyalty incentive. It’s just their dealer discount.

2 Likes

Hard pass.

1 Like

I do like the 2019 as well and has slightly more room to play since the 2020 is more in demand and got both an exterior face lift and tech revamp. I think what you’re saying and I’m finally coming to is, in seeking an impossible deal on a highly sought after model without much room to negotiate that already has a good RV and MF. Seeking the 2019 would put me with a different dealership and possibly no better deal. So in a nutshell, I’m asking for the impossible?

The model or the deal? Should I not be trying to lease this model and expect a deal?

You’re not going to get a lease on a 2020 cla currently that’s a good value compared to other options in the class.

1 Like

Yes.

I don’t think it matters if the car is in-demand or not. It’s brand new and is likely just arriving on the dealership lot. The dealer has absolutely ZERO motivation to give you a good deal.

How are you arriving at that conclusion? Until you ask a dealership to give you a quote, you have no idea what kind of deal you might score on a 2019 CLA. You also might want to expand your search to SoCal.

You also might want to look at, say, an Audi A3, since that car is going to be replaced in the not-too-distant future…

1 Like

Every dealer uses '19 CLA as loaners, so there should be plenty of them everywhere with much better discounts

2 Likes

This is probably the best you’re going to do for a few months. I would look into a 2019 a 220. Interior is best in its class and dealers are motivated to move those cars.

1 Like

No loyalty discounts with Mercedes. 4K would be a mix of dealer discount and incentives

4 Likes

I hadn’t considered this. They kept steering me away from the A saying they had less room on pricing because they are priced so low. That was a 2020. I did find a 2019 on their lot that peaks my interest. The interior is already the same as the 2020 CLA as well where as the 2019 CLA hadn’t received those upgrades yet. Interesting.

Drive down here to SoCal. I’ll help you out :smiley:

4 Likes

Thank you as well! I came to the 2019 CLA conclusion of pricing not being much different from quotes I was getting. I have one dealership with a 2019 that seems to be lower enough, to consider.

I would fly down to SoCal in a heartbeat for the right deal. Now, how do I return my current Mercedes lease :joy:

Drive it down there?