Help on lease 2018 340i

Just one question, the OL code is for the specific dealership or for most dealership.
Thx

Ol codes are not dealership specific but the fine prints does say they don’t have to take it.

Can they just give you the 500 that they aren’t paying for? Can you ask them to reduce the discount by 500 dollars so you can apply the OL code? You know, a compromise?

So what can I do if they said that they do not have to take it ?

I think the salesman will refuse for even $500. Should I try to talk with the manager or changing to another salesman? But maybe it is not good to switch to another salesman because he took effort and time to negotiate with me.
Thanks

Take the deal as is or walk, but I’d at least make the deal contingent upon it, make sure they understand what it is and where the money comes from. If they fully understand and can’t be bothered move on.

You need to move beyond the salesman and go straight to the mgr.

I don’t understand why you’re not talking to the sales manager already since he’s the one that’s going to make the final call. Salesman will never agree to a price the manager won’t allow him to agree to.

1 Like

Yes. If I have some other good choice or it is not the end of March, definitely I will move on if they do not give the rebate. But I might need to wait next year to get such a discount if I miss this weekend.

OK. I will try to talk with the sales manager. Thanks for your help !

Tell them tomorrow that if they reconsider to call you. If they don’t sell the car tomorrow, they will 100% call you on Monday to buy the car, that’s the last day of the month. You let on that you like the car too much, they’re calling your bluff that you won’t walk.

But is that possible for them to sell the car to others ? ?

Are you asking if the dealer is able to sell an unsold car to a customer willing to buy it?

Let’s out it this way, if you told them you would buy the car tomorrow and left the dealership and twenty minutes later someone else liked the car and they negotiated it to buy it at MSRP… that car would be sold to that customer.

Got it. It seems that this car has been there for a long time. Last time, I did test drive. The car was put in the conner which is seldom visited.

Ask the salesman that you’d like to talk to manager and ask him personally about OL code. If he turns out to be a d**k as well they walk away. Play hard ball!!

1 Like

They should be able to pass on BMW’s $500 contribution. An OL code is 50/50 contributed by the dealer after final negotiated price (though it’s fair if they’re already at the lowest they can go for them not to discount an additional $500 on their end) and $500 from BMW themselves.

Some OL codes are dealer specific, region specific, etc. And losing 500 is still losing 500.

The guy wants a very specific car with specific options that he “loves” and in Norcal; he shouldn’t be using advice used to negotiate on commodity cars in socal / Texas / nyc IMO.