Help on BMW 2018 X5 lease-SO CAL

thanks I looked at the Stelvios and loved how they drove.

The room in the back (hump again) was an issue as well me as well as some of the interior controls.

On that 64k X5 I negotiated it looks like it would be about 600 mo for a 36/10 with drive offs (1800 ish) + taxes.

It was high 600’s for 15k miles came out to about a 8.5 leashackr score.
I then found out it did not have the Harmon Kardon sound and I am now mulling it. there are a million of them out there. My broker guy has probably had it with me though :slight_smile:

I think you can get a base X5 car with no cap cost for under $500 a month eventually in the fall. Pretty sure about that. 59k with 13-15% off with 3k incentives ish… it works out.

I too think sub 500 x5’s will be possible, but not any time soon. Bmw does not get heavily motivated to move their 2018’s (even if its an old generation) until February/March time and that’s usually by heavily inflating the residual. But when the time comes, I’ll be right there with you looking for one as well to replace my sub 300 X3 that everyone told me was “impossible” :slight_smile:

Exactly. I am sure there will be sub 500 deals on base ones and sub 600 nicely loaded and sub 700 on M sport packages easily…

Unfortunately for me I have to pull the trigger sooner as my LR3 is dying a quick death :frowning:

I see that there are approx. 750 X5s within 100 miles of NYC area. You’d think BMW will be able to move them rather quickly…

Until Feb/March - why? Isn’t December the “best month” to car shop? :slight_smile:

BMWF supports their previous year models up until March/April (depends on the model for which month) so they aren’t necessarily motivated till March to move cars because lease support is still active. I use my x3 as an example a lot but that car had a residual bump to 70% for 24mo/10k in March which made for A LOT of good deals.

Keep in mind that most people are going to want the new model so it’s tough to sell the 750 remaining cars. In addition to the fact, that loaner x5s are abundant and will slowly funnel into their inventory as they decommission them.

Glad there is some positive in the X5 leasing later this year. I know that when I picked up the last of the few remaining X5 in December and got a great deal - don’t know if any of the few would last till March of next year… I would love $600 for a fairly loaded X5 diesel or PHEV…

Talking about money - look at the current on the lot Stelvios - can you believe for a $53K top of the line trim can be had for $400 / month on a 10K/year lease ??
Alfa has been pushing dealers and my dealer is pushing me to take their first year Stelvio for $10K off plus $3250 lease incentives off their hands.
Alfa dealers are super motivated because the new 2018 / 2019 models are about to arrive…
So tempting…

Starting to see 12%+ off Advertised before negotiations and incentives on the X5 in So Cal…

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=untrackedWithinSite_false_0&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c27054&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c27054&zip=92112&distance=200&searchChanged=true&trimNames=sDrive35i+RWD&colors=Gray&colors=Unknown&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true#listing=191993604

Yah - that’s a good discount even before negotiations start and without incentives added in unless the dealer combined both discount and incentives to get to the 12% off ??
I have never dealt with Encinitas BMW…

214 days on the lot seems a long time it sat there - make sure you ask for the BMW Battery condition/maintenance sheet showing each month which tech recharged the battery. Many people don’t realize that failure to recharge the battery will result in a short lifespan of the neglected battery.

It is a very well equipped X5 for sure with the HUD which I would like to have…

Unfortunately for me it’s a 2WD car and I need the 4WD version for winter steelhead trips…

1 Like

Similar discounts on service loaner:

In a very similar boat. Looking for an SUV to replace our old generation xc90. Nothing I’m in love with but like the x5, though a little small. I’m really to the point that I’d rather just get an up model highlander and be done with it. The kids are gonna trash it anyway. If BMW comes out with MSDs in my area, I’ll certainly take a look at an x5 loaner. But once you get away from the idea of what you can afford and start thinking about what you want to pay, there is very little utility in paying >$700/mo for a utility vehicle.

3 Likes

Just got this from a So Cal dealer on a new BMW X5 40e PHEV:
$65045 MSRP

$59750 Selling Price
-$500 for Corp Fleet
$59250 Adjusted price

-$3750 Lease Credit (taxable)
-$1000 Loyalty Credit (taxable)
36 months
10k miles
59% residual
.00166 MF (OAC)
$602 plus tax
$660 including tax with $0 down
$2867 drive offs

A bit too pricey for me though…
Wonder if the $6K PHEV credit will ever return ???

You should also be able to get more than 8% off MSRP, closer to 10-12%

1 Like

Do you think the dealer discounts and incentives will get better on the PHEV as the new G05 start arriving ?
My other option is the diesel but it does not currently have much for incentives…
Really don’t want the gas version but if that is what is left over then I may not have a choice.

I think you guys are living a pipe dream if you think Sub 4 or sub 5 x5’s are going to be falling from the sky, even with the model change. You might find a dealer desperate to chase a bonus, but you’re not going to be walking in to the dealer of your choice looking for a mid optioned x5 at 450/mo without significant money down.

It won’t be a pipe dream- Sure it may be “the lucky deal” and will not be the norm , but they will be a few had at under 500 by end of year early next year.
this is for a base model (58-59k)on a 36/10 with only drive offs. You can get one for under 600 now easily in so cal…
59k msrp
52k sales prices
3 k incentives
36/10 + drive offs.

so the 1% rule is beginning to apply.

For me though , I need a few more options and can’t wait as long.

1 Like

good luck 2020202020

Yes and we should see some better lease numbers, same thing happened to the f10 5 Series when new body came out. PHEV are moving fast though because the lease numbers are coming out to almost the same (And sometimes less) than gas powered cars so I’m not sure if there will be any remaining. Feel free to reach out to me if you need any quotes.

1 Like

If sub 300 fully optioned X3s are possible due to a design change, why can’t sub 500 base x5s be possible? You clearly haven’t seen some of the unicorn deals I and some fellow hackrs have pulled off.

I’ve been around here a lot longer than you have, and yes I’ve seen them. You guys make it sound like they’re going to be falling from the sky. It’s still going to take work, finding the right dealer to play ball, good residuals/MF and decent incentives.

Could it happen…yes. Is it a guarantee…not at all.

We were in similar vote as you last year here in SoCal as well. Looked at:

Toyota Highlander Limited Hybrid (Felt like a tin box)
Lexus RX350/450 F-Sports (Not white and no red interior so not a lot of choices)
Audi Q7 2.0/3.0
Jaguar F-Pace 2.0 and 3.5 (3.5 exhaust was awesome)
LR Discovery Full (Sport way too small) and Velar
Alfa/Benz/BMW ( Shopped and drove but never talked numbers)
P-car Macan S - looked at but didn’t drive or talk numbers.

The surprising vehicle: Mazda CX-9 Signature. Had everything we wanted (fully loaded, powerful motor and fuel economy for city driving, and third row) but the lease price. The lowest lease I got was for 36/15k at $679 tax included w/ zero DAS.

At the end of day I leased a $63k MSRP 2017 RX350 AWD F-Sport 36/12k for well below $600 tax included zero DAS but max MSD. Not a monster LH score but still decent and worth it. LH forum was definitely helpful.