Help on BMW 2018 X5 lease-SO CAL

Hi All
I just started my search for a X5 S35 in Space Gray with decent options after my teenage kids squashed the XC90 on me. They Like the Q7 too but =no good deals on them…
Being that there are a ton of BMW dealers in So Cal and close by and the the 2019’s are going to be new as well as the x7 coming- you would think these guys would try to work a deal?

Anyway since I am in San Diego I decided to start with 1 of my local guys just for fun:

Here is what I got:
MSRP-64335
discount-6650
Selling price- 57684
rebates-2000
total cap reduction-340
mf-.00206 (lol)
resid .56
payment 812 wtax- 875

this is a 36/15k in 92118

Besides the crazy inflated MF , where else did he pump?

I am thinking I should be able to get these cars for well under 700/mo
If anyone has a good contact for BMW in the area /would also be interest in DEMO too

thanks

If you want well under 700/mo at this MSRP, you better start looking at loaners.

thank you I would be highly interested in the right loaner.
I am just a little surprised somewhat by the limited deals and the high m/f -which should be a still high .00166(not interested in security deposits)

a deal with come along.

When you see deals on this forum, they are not guaranteed to be replicated at any moment in time.

1. location
  2. incentives
  3. dealer discount
  4. dealer chasing a bonus
  5. MF/Residual at the time
  6. vehicle being sought
  7. Time of the year

All of these things, and others, play into it. Your deal is about 9% off MSRP. You might be able to get 1-2% more, but that’s still not going to bring you “well under 700/mo.” If you’re in a hurry, and love the vehicle, you are at a disadvantage. If you can wait, the x5 is being released later as a redesigned 2019. The 18s should have better numbers to get them off the lots.

Try again… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Polish moment…10%…

Thank you .

In love with the X5? = I am not. I kind of like it.
I kind of like the xc90. I kind of like the q7, I kind of like certain aspects of the Stelvio and F pace. I really like the range rover sport but dont want to spend $$$ on a car anymore- especially after 7 years of no payments- I am replacing a LR3 that has served me well.

Pretty much not in love with any car right now.

Just in love with a great deal on a decent mid size sportier SUV with the options I want and doesn’t break the bank , somewhat better on gas,and is somewhat enjoyable to drive and can hold all my fishing gear and the occasional Tuna in the trunk :slight_smile:

You don’t want to spend money on a car, but are looking for a $700/mo payment?

1 Like

the $$$ is in the eye of the beholder. I would really like sub 500 but I will compromise. Some people pay over 1000/mo for these cars(I would never do that)
If you have another suggestion for a midsize SUV in the sub 700/mo lease that isnt soccer mom-ish’ and is somewhat fun to drive - please let me know your suggestions.

thanks

I am looking for the same but waiting for the new G05 to hit the floors.

Try asking the dealer for the slow moving X5 (over 200days) you can search from CarGurus.

Also look at the diesel - they are not the favorites after the VW scandal, but Iove diesels - had the BMW 335d, E70 X5d, and now looking at a F15 X5d.

You mentioned Land Rover, the Velar is leasing well with a $1500 conquest cash this month. Under $600 / month for a P180S.

I would prefer the Land Rover Discovery with 3 row seats and lots of room for my fishing gear but can’t swallow $700+…

looks like we are in the same boat or car.

those X5’s are everywhere. When I did a search on car gurus you would think they were going to start offering two for one deals.

Maybe I will take a look at the LR Velar. My LR 3 has been great but at 150k miles + and usual electrical gremlins = I might need a car sooner rather than later. The New Disco looks great on the inside but a combo of the $$$ and bubble back squashed it for me.

Never had a diesel before. May have to research the X5 D .
I will let you know what I can squeeze out of these guys.

You may get a good deal with Land Rover - try the folks at San Diego LR - William Foster is awesome to work with. I was about to drive from LA to SD for my current Land Rover Discovery Sport because he beat out the local LA dealers believe it not!
Land Rover is really trying to push the Velar because it just came out and sales are not that great according to LR Anaheim Hills.
I personally like the Velar and would love to get the 4 cylinder diesel for fuel economy reasons.

I just saw they have a 2017 CPO Discovery very low miles (probably a demo) for $499 lease / month. That is tempting at a BMW price/lease.

You’re saying $499 mo for an X5? Good luck with that.

Sorry for going off topic… Land Rover Discovery (LR4 fullsized replacement) I am cross shopping is $499 + Tax for a Demo $64K car…

1 Like

Not bad for a Disco. Is the new model better than then previous one?

thank you . I will stop by San Diego LR in Miramar tomorrow

cant hurt to look and see what deal they have on that Disco loaner too as well.
In the mean time a buddy of mine gave me the name of a car broker in LA area and I have him searching for a great deal X5 , we shall see.

today the LR3 is not sounding too well when starting. AARGH… lol wish I could wait till year end and then that $499 X5 would be a reality…

Maybe 15k residual is also a factor in your pricing. If its a 3-4% hit thats 70 to 90 bucks for your payment.

@vegasandre do let us know what you find at SD LR?

@socal59 The new Discovery which started selling last year took over the big clunky LR4 drives much better planted. The air suspension is part of the vehicle stability system so it has an anti roll feature that keeps it grippy around corners and off road terrain.

I had the chance to test drive a fully loaded Discovery HSE Luxury at Quail Ridge in Monterey and it was a beast with a 2 speed transfer case that changed from AWD to 4WD as we traversed steep hills, deep water, mud, and major articulation.

The one thing that the LR does much better than the BMW X5 is the suspension and alignment off road. I remember my E70 X5d needing a front and rear alignment every time after going off road, hitting some large rocks, etc… The LR Discovery including my little brother Discovery Sport has awesome suspension system that prevents the need to have it ever 4 wheel aligned. I guess LR are really off road machines!

Here is the Latest update -

Went to the Sd Land Rover today. Looked at the Velar- Great looking car in and out. But then I sat in the back seat and their is limited room. Also a big floor hump where the 5th person would sit in the middle- pretty unusable. … That killed that deal for me. Looked at the demo 2017 Big Disco in black . Pretty funny in the aspect that it is pretty much the same car as my LR3 but in a way newer format. I could get this car at a decent deal but felt like it was too much like my old car so basically I squashed it. Went over to the Audi place next door to see if anything decent on the q7’s- Not really any good lease programs still confirmed.

So it is looking like a X5
my broker found this New one in Dark Graphite metallic (not space gray but decent looking) in LA
msrp- 64335
off- 7560
current BMW lease incentive- 2000
bmw loyalty (my son has a 2011 3 series under my insurance)- 1000
=53375 sales price.

waiting on the lease breakdowns as the one they gave me , of course, didn’t add up correctly.

Glad you went to check out the Land Rovers. I agree the Velar is large on the outside but smaller feel inside. I still love the full size Discovery - drives super tall like the LR4 without the body rolls…

Do let us know if the lease on the X5 looks good ??

Have you taken a look at the Stelvio from Alfa Romeo ? I was stunned today with an extended test drive thru bad roads and have to say it handles so well - much more pep and fun than the BMW or Porsche.

I still have some time so I’ll wait for the BMW X5 deals to come around as the new 2019 arrive…