Help me decide how I'm going to upgrade my garage

shortlist up to $1200 in no particular order
c7 z06?? (might be out of lease support tho)
hellcat/redeye
m5/m8
m4 cs
c63

really depends if ur a bmw fanboy, do you need 2 vehicles? can a couple fit your lifestyle? best overall car would be the m5 imo it is very quick, has awd, has a backseat that can fit large adults, good tech, and comfortable for a daily driver, the m4 cs will probably be very rough in stop n go traffic, the Corvette is impractical, the charger widebody is a very good choiceā€¦ itā€™s basically a more powerful and less luxurious version of what the e63/m5 strive to be, m8 would be a sexier version of the m5ā€¦ it will drive a bit different than the m5 but offers similar performance and handles the curves better also it will turn more heads but you lose the rear 2 doors and any ability for a decent sized adult to fit in the back, and poor visibility is also a downside to the coupes.

I donā€™t mean to alarm you, but I think you have a ghost.

2 Likes

Cleaning this thread up to stay on topic. If folks resent the OP for wanting to lease a car at a higher price point then you should find something better to do. @flashinglightzz you are not in the wrong so do not feel bad for soliciting opinions. Carry on.

2 Likes

Doug said itā€™s the best, so Iā€™m selling the Ioniq as soon as I can and putting a deposit on one.

1 Like

The i8 for sure. Then Iā€™d go with either Porsche 911 Turbo S or SL63 AMG

Heā€™s baaaaaaaackkkkkkkk

2 Likes

I say finance a GT3 and lease an M340i. might be a step down from a 540i but its more fun to drive and makes more room for GT3 payments:)

With options those things get up past $200k like itā€™s nothingā€¦ even the carrera 4s getā€™s into the $140k/$150k range real quickā€¦ I think at that price range Iā€™d take a lightly optioned gt3 just for that 9k naturally aspirated redline

I was just about to point that out haha. Must have upgraded the one inside

Hopefully he upgraded to the columns @Bostoncarconcierge

1 Like

Here you go bud just pick this up and enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

$6,000 down tho

Thereā€™s a MB dealer in NorCal who has a C63S and a E53 cabrio listed. Get them to replace the Bimmers.

Fair point but my gut would be you could work that down a bit. To be swapping out of the car 2 months in signals something.

It might signal heā€™s broke but it might also signal heā€™s not the most rational person

2 Likes

The manic episode wants what it wants

Very tempting. Might have to make a few calls, this is the best deal Iā€™ve seen on one thus far

Iā€™m looking to get a 911 in late July/early August as my 36 month lease on my M4 competition is coming to an end. Currently eyeballing either a 991.2 Carrera 4s or maybe even a 991.1/991.2 GT3. I was looking at leasing Porscheā€™s back in 2017/2018, and based on my experiences from then and what Iā€™ve read online, I really shouldnā€™t lease a 911 because of the crazy MF. Now with the 992 generation being out, I assume itā€™s only gotten worse because of how new they are.

I still only really want to own the car for 2 to 3 years, and then move on to something nicer/newer. I think Iā€™m correct in wanting to own 991 generation over a 992 because the 991 has already been hit more by the initial depreciation, and it seems like it wonā€™t go down too much in value over the next 2 or 3 years (with reasonable mileage).

Is financing the car the most reasonable option? My credit score is solid, and I can comfortably afford the payments for anywhere from a 3 to 6 year loan. What do you think Iā€™d be best off doing?

The 911 is a car you always buy and never lease. The key is finding a CPO 911 in a spec that will be desirable within your desired ownership period/sale timeline. Prior to COVID, we were seeing quality late model 997.2s with low mileage pulling top dollar, as purists have started valuing the raw analog nature Of the 997s compared to the newer 991s. The 991s are tough as they sold so many. If you can swing for a GT3, at least youā€™re getting a rarer car, which will help depreciation.

2 Likes

Porsche and depreciation go together like ivory and ebony on my piano keyboard. Set aside any foolish notion of making/saving money on a Porsche and just enjoy the ride. If you are buying in the next three months, you are even more likely to be faced with steep losses.
100k 911 cpo driven for 6 years is going to cost you a cool 10k in depreciation maintenance and insurance per year. Even more if you are prone to accidents or drive more than 5k a year. Enjoy.

Is your piano compliant with the Endangered Species Act?

1 Like