Help! Majorly upside on a car, looking to lease into something that would dissolve the neg equity

Check out the used market for a van, if you’re handy enough to fix the minor issues that come with the territory of a used vehicle. Used Odys/Sienas/Caravans are hilariously cheap on dealer lots - dealers get these things on trade for a song and then can’t get rid of them. I found that private party sellers were not willing to come even close to high volume used car lot pricing.

Best $2500 I have ever spent:

1 Like

Wow, this thread is long.

Members are putting an awful lot of effort into/and giving great advice. But at the end of the day, he is ultimately going to do what he wishes (and I suspect it will be another vehicle as opposed to the alternatives). As long as it is not hurting anyone else, let him do it. He has not updated with any hint of the decision in nearly a day. And while people get busy, most appear to no longer be talking to him.

2 Likes

Probably the only helpful comment in this entire thread

Good luck OP, no one here knows your financial condition and most everyone here has been in a bad position before regarding car lease/loan. If you can afford $500-600 and it’s worth it to drive a newer car, by all means go ahead. But, don’t go for a car that will end up being too small.

Look into Infinity as many have mentioned, or try your luck at a 2018 A6 and you will end up well above $600 total but won’t regret it when child #2 pops up in a year or two :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But as many have said here, rolling $8k neg equity into a luxury lease is the worst thing to do

Let me know if there is anything left to say.