Help! hate my current finance

I bought a 2023 camry le awd back in september of 2022 got it for msrp intrest rate 4.19 put down 12k and paying 313 a month. The problem is… I HATE THE CAR! anyone have any advice on what my best options for a trade in would be? I would love the new accord hybrid exl
Thanks!

Good news, Camry will get you most of your money back if sold to something like Carmax or other retailer. Bad news is Accord Hybrid might be not as discountable like a Camry that you curently have.

2 Likes

OP paid MSRP for their Camry.

I think this thread will go the way of all similar threads, but I guess I’ll go with it for now. OP, what do you hate about your current car? And how will an Accord Hybrid EX-L change that?

6 Likes

I read too quickly and thought title said “fiancé” :joy:

19 Likes

Child Smile GIF

First of all the pickup is terrible feel like a pushing an 18 wheeler, the technology is far behind most other auto manufactures, the system is the same since 2015. I just hate the fact I’m stuck with it! The accord pickup is not comparable to camry and its just better in almost every category its even bigger this time around. Honda came along way but Toyota sort of stayed the same.

You know the Camry and Accord have similar pickup.

1 Like

maybe the older camrys the new ones are terrible! I had an accord lease for 3 years and it was worlds apart than what i have now

right. my question is, is it worth to take extra money and sell to Carmax or similar companies or to do a trade in to dealer to save tax on a new car

If you think the $1000 (assuming 5% on a 20k) is worth losing whatever Carmax is offering you.

Have you gotten quotes from Carmax et al and from a Honda dealer?

Only you can determine if the cost difference is worth it to you.

seams like the dealers are giving around 24k thats 4k less than the msrp so being i had the car for only 7 months thats alot to lose

Don’t forget tax, doc fees and whatever else you paid.

Be happy you’re only losing $4k plus the above, you’re dumping a brand new car that you had less than a year and paid more for than what they go for now.

4 Likes

A car depreciates the most early on.

And what is Carmax offering?

carmax said i have to bring it in because they dont get too many requests on my car lol

Then bring it in and see what they say.

1 Like

do you think it just makes sense to keep it for another few months and hopefully it wont depreciate that much more and at least i got a years worth of the car? and hopefully will be able to get a better deal on the accord

No one can predict the future, esp w/ how volatile things are economically.

If you are not in a rush to get a new car, though, there is very little harm in waiting. Who knows? Maybe you’ll get used to how slow the Camry feels.

I can’t see taking a loss on a mainstream family sedan to get into another mainstream family sedan. I am not too familiar with the current Camrys (or any really), but most modern cars adjust to your driving style. Maybe beat on it a bit and floor it whenever you get the chance and it will feel a little more peppy. Does the transmission have a sport mode? Try that too.

7 Likes

Interest rates going up. Factor that in too. 4% for a new car… is that possible now?