Help! hate my current finance

Depends on the term (which OP didn’t specify). For > 36 mos, it would seem not.

Take it off eco mode.

lol its not in eco mode! i have 4.1 for 72 month loan

Have you tried the new accord?

1 Like

This. A Camry 4-cyl isn’t that slow in daily driving. You may need to rev it out a bit to extract every drop of juice though. I had a rental Camry SE a few years ago and I found it more than sufficient. It’s 200-hp. Unless you have a faberge egg sitting under the throttle pedal, you should be fine in all except stoplight drag races.

Truly slow is my first car: 1987 Volvo 740 non-turbo automatic. 115-hp in a 2-ton sedan. Ok fine I have low standards for swiftness, but still.

A heck of a lot cheaper to push the car a bit more rather than take a multiple thousand dollar bath.

3 Likes

You will almost assuredly pay a higher rate today on a new loan unless it’s manufacturer subsidized.

4% for a new car… is that possible now

Have you heard of our lord and savior, MBFS?

2 Likes

i agree the older camrys were great but mine is really sluggish idk maybe its the awd. According to the web accord has less horsepower than the camry

Maybe I’m late to the party, but here are some questions for you:

1. Did you test drive the Accord before purchasing your Camry?
  2. Why didn’t you purchase an Accord in the first place?
  3. If you end up selling your Camry and going with an Accord, would you be happy with your decision 2-3 years down the road?
1 Like

Make sure you yest drive whochever car you think you want before going through this hassle. The new accord is much slower than the previous gen.

The grass is always greener on the other side

2 Likes

lol thats forsure true! but i got camry because it was during the shortage and i was able to get it for msrp.

can someone explain why there making the new cars slower??

honestly all driving issues aside, I dont like financing for this reason because now im stuck with it but leasing wasnt an option back then, and i really wanted a higher trim but it wasnt avail and couldnt be picky back then i was paying 400 dollars a week for rental.

No stranger can tell you what to do in your situation. If you hate the car that much - and are willing to lose about 4k in equity plus the upfront fees you paid - then do it. If you situation allows you to take a 4k hit and move on then by all means you should get the car you want and money be damned! But the first year of depreciation is a killer, rates should be higher today as well.

Leasing an Accord is not a smart financial move these days.

Would you not be as ‘stuck’ with lease too?

You can swap the lease OR buy out and trade/sell. You take a hit if you have a negative equity.

You can trade/sell financed. You take a hit if you have a negative equity.

If you are referring to heavier interest portion of monthly payment early on in the loan, then I understand but still, you are taking a big shaving by selling within first year anyway.

I personally would not swap a Camry for an Accord when I am facing a big depreciation loss and higher interest rate for the next car. I say this from financial sense perspective, not affordability. If you were getting into a much faster car instead of Accord, and you can afford it, why not. Take the loss but enjoy the ride.

1 Like

the Camry 4cyl and Accord Hybrid have similar 0-60 and quarter mile times. maybe the Hybrid is a tiny bit quicker off the line due to the electric assist but it will still feel sluggish on highway if the Camry is to you.

Glad i started reading this thread from the beginning, was going to post an identical response.

3 Likes