HELP! Baby movers - Cadillac XT5 vs. Lexus RX 350 zero down 36/10 lease

Or off lease electric/plugin hybrid vehicles.

Apologies if you already mentioned it, but how many babies do you need to move?

The proper sized sedan or hatchback might have more room than a compact SUV (e.g. Ford CMAX has similar room to Ford Escape). We moved to a larger vehicle more to move 3 kids + friends + crap + sometimes visiting family. We managed with a sedan fairly well with 1 child.

1 Like

@cheapdad00 donā€™t forget the difference in ease of getting in/out of the back seat to secure the little ones in place. I struggle with our middle seat mounted infant car seat in our sedans. The height of even a compact SUV is a total back saver.

If you are on a budget wouldnā€™t leasing make sense on low base budget models with flexibility based on price points.

Oh yeah, Iā€™m completely aware. Used that rationale when I was at the sedan to minivan/SUV inflection point. Also used the ā€œIā€™m going to buy a boatā€ rationale to get a full size SUV, then the kids started summer sports and time for the boat was non existent.

+1

ā€¦20

One good example is the mini countryman it is the same size (or maybe and even bigger) than the x1

I think Tiguan/Q5 donā€™t have any space in the back :grin:

Man, this is the most frustrating game ever. Itā€™s 100% luck of the draw. You call one dealership 3 times and speak to 3 different salespeople, and they give you 3 completely different numbers, ALL of which are ā€œBare bones, bro. canā€™t go any lower. Bro, I swear. Iā€™m all maxed out. Bro, if I could go lower I would. Bro.ā€ Weird thing is, the numbers Iā€™ve been given have a $145 difference between them for similar MSRP cars (yeah, some idiot actually quoted me $670/mo as their ā€œbest priceā€¦ broā€). Itā€™s such a strange game these dealers play. Good news is, I found a dealer thatā€™s giving me the right discounts and price, but the bad news is the MSRP of the car he has is 2,000 more than I want and canā€™t get a dealer trade for a 59 car :cry:

1 Like

Too bad buying a new car has to be such a PIA and takes up a considerable amount of time. Hope you find your deal. :+1:

@socal59 Yup. Thatā€™s why I love Infiniti. Amazing deals are so easy to get there.

Ok guys, getting ready to make the deal, but last minute nerves are making me second guess myself. Hereā€™s what Iā€™ve got so far:

2017 RX 350 F Sport
MSRP: $61,374
10K/36mo
$1K down payment (had to, in order to get under $500/mo :disappointed:)
max MSDs
$490/mo including tax
with 0 down, itā€™s roughly $518/mo. but that first digit is so ugly.

@Jon was able to get a $59K F Sport for $499 with 0 down and 12K miles, so it seems like Iā€™m still behind, though not by a huge margin. Am I crazy for not throwing on some pants and running to the dealership asap? I canā€™t help but feel thereā€™s still another $15/mo that Iā€™m missing out on.

What do you guys think???

And real quick - how are MSDs calculated? Equivalent to one monthā€™s payment including tax, or before tax? So my pre-tax payment should be just a hair under $450. 9 of those equates to $4,050, but my MSD total is $4,500. What gives?

@Jon also had 1k in loyalty and a 2k lower msrp model, so considering that this could be better than his lease.

I rolled all but $231 in TTL/fees into the monthly (drive-off was $4731, $4500 of which was MSDs). Itā€™d be hard to match my deal now because Dec had better incentives and RV for 36/12k was 64%.

MSD is calculated in post tax monthly payment.

I guess we donā€™t know this guyā€™s drive off, once we know then we can tell. However, since he doesnā€™t have that 1k in loyalty and has a higher msrp then you did it could be a little better. So yeah, once we know the fees I think we can make a better assesment. Im assuming your 499 includes tax (idk the percent), and this quote includes tax as well (idk the percent)

Itā€™s not always about getting the best deal. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s someone out there that got a better deal than me. Plus, just cuz it was available then doesnā€™t mean itā€™s available now. As I previously said, RV/MF/incentives are different now than back in Dec.

If @vdub84 is happy with the deal, he should pull the trigger.

@Jon it may not be for everyone, but for me, itā€™s critical to get the absolute best price available (or within a reasonable range of it), or Iā€™ll feel buyers remorse and be upset at myself for not being more prudent/patient. Every time I got in the car, Iā€™d have a moment of silence and shed a tear for my poor $20. :bow:

on that note, how accurate is the leashackr calculator? I plugged in my numbers and it says my payment should be $454 including tax! :cry:

2 Likes

@nyclife drive off is supposed to be $4,500 MSD + $1,000 cash, so $5,500 total. But Iā€™m getting a feeling that there might be some extra surprise numbers once I go in to sign. Fingers crossed that Iā€™m just being paranoid and cynical. @Jon and I are in different parts of SoCal, so similar tax rates.

When people say down payment, it usually means cap cost reduction and doesnā€™t include the acq fee, TTL and 1st month payment. Make sure you and the dealer are on the same page.