Header images for editor’s picks could come from Memes

The monthly Editor’s Picks email is a great recap — I always read it. It seems like every article selected uses a stock photo of a car,

when there is usually a buffet of Memes.

When I think about that email from a discoverability perspective (e.g. it might get forwarded to someone who has never heard of LH): I think featuring user generated content, that sometimes helps to explain the topic, is something unique about this place.

Not the naughty ones, or the bad ones, or the wrong ones, or the inside jokes. But when I think about Macan and EQS mania, there must be at least one each that has more depth than a marketing photo.

If there is more than one, we could vote on them. :ballot_box: :man_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes
7 Likes

What about a different potato picture each month?

On a serious note although I agree with your suggestion - I think the powers to be are trying to make the forum a bit more “mainstream” so not sure if these memes will fit. but I could be totally wrong…The meme lounge is the best thing about LH.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Was about to post. So you got what you asked for!
Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

1 Like

Wait, where are the Editor’s Picks?

Love the new potato pic. :wink:

1 Like

In your email box.

April will probably bring a new potato :potato:

(Edit: March showers brought April potatoes early)

3 Likes

I forgot to use my wordz when I posted this:

@michael and @littleviolette thank you for incorporating this suggestion in less than 48 hours!

3 Likes

The benefit of staying independent – we can send out newsletters with memes within 48 hours without going through 5 layers of corporate approvals!

11 Likes

All my hard work has paid off! I’m famous!

5 Likes