Have we hit peak Federal interest rates?

ezgif-3-bf016c83ea

5 Likes

It’s a great idea when you know their agenda. Can’t 6uild 6ack 6etter without burning it all down first.

15 min SMART cities are the goal. They’re not at all keeping this in the shadows anymore. Every crumbling civilization of the past ended with politicians/elite looting and plundering. Nothing new under the sun.

Jan 6 footage conveniently released just now after 2 years. All divide and conquer tactics. They will push the proles more and more, then blame them for everything. I expected more ingenuity but this is like a b movie or reality tv show level. At least project bluebeam would provide some level of entertainment, although that may still be in the cards.

3 Likes

That chart is showing the growth rate of M2 (not the actual level of M2). M2 is down only a few % from its peak last year. Still a long way to go before back to a normal level after the big Covid runup.

M2 (M2SL) | FRED | St. Louis Fed (stlouisfed.org)

The old world robber barons have died or are dying off so what you’re seeing is likely the result of their midwit offspring attempting to keep the game going.

2 Likes

I remember in someones interview about Black Monday of 1987 (or somewhere there), he saw 30 year bond rate move to 10% on Friday and moved everything into that saying, he doesn’t need to worry for the next 30 years about investment:) and hense was a Black Monday…

Wonder at which rate it would happen this time…

3 Likes

Midwit is giving them way too much credit…as they lose more control of the global system expect peak insanity of propanduh as well

This voiceover with elevator music is gold

https://mobile.twitter.com/stevenvoiceover/status/1633218199981375489?cxt=HHwWgoC-qZfTraotAAAA

4 Likes

No bueno…

You saw this lol
https://twitter.com/realDailyWire/status/1632826527292313603

8 Likes

It took a “couple of times” to see that he didn’t have one hahaha

4 Likes

Haven’t you been fussing about the size on the money supply, for years now?

The money printer is off (mostly, at least in the US), and the money shredder is pulping that paper. There is still about $7.3T of accommodation to run off, to return to 2008 levels (well about the Great Depression watermark).

That chart looks healthy to you? It’s more about the boom bust cycles that constantly form cracks. Instead of steady, sustained, healthy growth. One a crack forms, a bank will fail and we will repeat as we always do… they’re already prepping the street for it.

1 Like

It’s a screenshot (without a link or who posted it) of the 2nd derivative of M2, and unemployment. I need a lot more than a picture to get from correlation to causation.

That aside: if you believe the money supply is bloated (as you’ve said many times), aren’t there side effects to return that to a lower level?

Would require a ton more regulation, which I’m in favor of, but free market folks are not. Meme stock trading would be illegal if we all agreed we wanted what you stated, short selling would be strictly controlled, etc.

1. Bank failures are about the most normal thing in our society, in the past 80+ years. While we haven’t had one since 2020, we’ve had plenty in normal times

Working at a company whose bank failed, dealing with it was probably the easiest fire-drill I’ve experienced. The failed/bank closed on Friday, Monday morning everything was available and working at the “new” bank which assumed them.

1. I don’t know if you’ve dealt with SVB before, I have twice. Their staff were the nicest incompetents I’ve dealt with at any bank, companies liked them because of their lending facilities. I’m on a group text with several other folks who worked at a place that used SVB and dealt directly with them - one sent it to us when the news broke. Absolutely none of them were surprised. SVB ran out of cash mostly due to their own poor trading of Treasuries, which isn’t because of M2 nor its rate of change.

At an Insurance client I had, whose name you’r recognize, they have a astronomically huge portfolio of bonds, in the same market, they are absolutely killing it. It has been a crazy 18 months in fixed income, you just have to navigate it and make the right bets. Many have, SVB did not.

1. Silvergate and FTX have a non-bank asset in common, neither failed because of bank assets or the US financial system.
4 Likes

Found while researching, Ally Financial is one of the banks with shrinking Net Interest Income Margin (contradictory to the trend with rising rates) so it may face potential headwinds akin to SVB’s.

There are a few others in same situations, picked on Ally as its one of those that folks here ‘love’. Although shrinking, their NIM is still much bigger that others on the list so its might survive.

3 Likes

I’d start looking in the most corrupt country in Europe for that missing fiat.

1 Like

Oh Cramer. He sounds drunk or about to stroke out. Inverse Cramer fund is killing it.

https://twitter.com/EPro/status/1634215319559446528?cxt=HHwWgIC9jZeL860tAAAA

2 Likes

dead link

As rates continue, banks going under will reach contagion and spill into bigger banks. Rehypothecation and leverage was created by the banks and it will be the their downfall. When you deposit funds to a bank, big or small, they’re no longer your funds but the now the funds of that bank. That bank OWES you.

-SVB borrowed customer deposits and bought long duration bonds.
-FTX borrowed customer deposits and bought shitcoins.
-Lehman Brothers borrowed customer deposits and bought morgage bonds.

Borrowed is debt.
Debt is trust.
Trust is not sustainable. Trust is belief and trust can and will be broken.
In the long run, it’s either yours or not.

https://twitter.com/billackman/status/1634028534107602944?s=46&t=5nJZ8HCy3l6Fh2rzjfs2GA

No bailouts. Let there be carnage.

The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation seized the assets of Silicon Valley Bank on Friday, marking the largest bank failure since Washington Mutual during the height of the 2008 financial crisis.

FT_8_1_22_a-1-660x370
Get packed son

4 Likes

Don’t forget they lend your $1000 out at $10000 collecting interest on the whole 10k…

If those people taking the loans default in mass then…

And the plan this time isn’t bailouts. It’s bailins and CBDC…

Btc will be back to 2017 levels as well soon. They’re going to control demo it all and/or start WW3. Only was out from the mess they papered over. I expect a return from poolcue Paulson on the steps of the capital again soon, or one of his proxies.

1 Like

Greetings from Grand Turk in the T&C islands. There are 2 (and sometimes 1) bank machines here (and they are out of cash much of the time), kind of a bank and half and lots of ex-pats and islanders with cash holdings that invest in the bare necessities of land, retail operations selling staple goods and other ventures.

Nobody seems too concerned about interest rates, SVB or the US financial system in general.

The drinks are still cold and the sunsets, beaches and weather are still magnificent. Just sayin’ because if it all goes bad….

15 Likes