Have we hit peak Federal interest rates?

buy defense stocks mate some up 20-40% over last 12 months.

Lockheed up 21% over last 12 months.

Boeing up 25% over last 6 months.

Northrop Grumman up 18% over last 12 months.

BAE systems up 27% over last 12 months.

1 Like

Lockheed martin stock?

1 Like

when everything is way up is usually the worst time to continue buying.

this is not investment advice

6 Likes

Military stock with a lot of risk reward is KTOS. I’ve been in and out of it multiple times but def pretty low currently.

2 Likes

Everything is up because NATO+ is rearming at a massive scale, Unless you think they will stop anytime soon then those stocks have no reason to backpedal for the next 5-10 years.

Just to give you a perspective on the military production of a single item and how it’s being used in Ukraine.

General Dynamics has factories in Canada with max artillery shell production of 12k per month, Ukrain goes through that many shells in 2 days. As war with Russia and China heats up more and more, the American military complex is waking up and realizing a long war will need massive manufacturing capability to meet the battlefield needs. Thus a massive amount of money is being thrown in to increase capacity and upgrades to the current system. While Other NATO+ countries seeing the amazing display of American weaponry in Ukraine are putting in multi-billion dollar orders for weapon systems such as HIMARS, an example being Poland just got approved 3 days ago for a 10 billion Himar missile system alone.

Current big ticket items are Drones, Missile defense systems for both air targets such as patriot and THAAD or trophy/ phalanx for ground infantry, and mechanized warfare/ship point defense. F35, f16 new block, f15 new block. Even nuclear subs for the first time outside NATO to now NATO+ countries.

Together spending is up by hundreds of billion per year and will increase year over year. NATO military combined spending, not including NATO+ was 1.2 trillion in 2022.

For those that don’t know, NATO+ would be countries such as Middle Eastern allies such as Saudi Arabia and Israel and pacific ocean nations such as Japan, Australia, and South Korea.

2 Likes

Signed up for the lease hacking. Stayed for the investment advice.

6 Likes

We try to strike a balance here on LH

1 Like

War will bail them out of their debt. It’s a major debt rearrangement every time. Problem reaction solution. It’s on. Fiat based on fear

2 Likes

Stock going to the moon LMFAOOOOOOO

War will bail them out of their debt. It’s a major debt rearrangement every time. Problem reaction solution. It’s on. Fiat based on fear

yes

Wait till the f-16’s take down all of Russia. Stock :chart_with_upwards_trend: :chart_with_upwards_trend:

1 Like

F-16 is good but F-35 block 4 oooooohhhhh mhmmmm money money money, let the printers go brrrrr.

IMO we will get 10k F-35 built in total as USA adds more countries to the list that can purchase them.

Also F-22 Super Raptor is one sexy plane, who ever thought that putting mirror finish on a figther jet would make it sexier?

The only thing right now that can protect you from inflation is Military based stocks lol

Boeing just got 350 airline orders from India, on top of backroom military deals being worked on throughout the year

Whitehouse is hinting about massive missile production as well, the short-range ones cost 1mill each, I’m guessing long-range ones cost 2-5 million.

Looks like SEATO will be reformed soon with extra members added in, they all need weapons.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/rates-bonds/feds-bowman-says-more-interest-rate-hikes-needed-tame-inflation-2023-02-13/

You know what inflation and militery have in commen? they both go Brrrrrrrrrr!

People are just spending that it. Debt I guess doesn’t matter right now. Eventually that money is going to dry up but the retail numbers this morning were nuts.

2 Likes

Back to cars. Is there really an uptick in MMR this month?

4 Likes

It’s tax season ain’t it? Historically a bit of purchases in anticipation for tax rebate shoppers.

Look at years prior, some years have a similar pattern in Jan and Feb.

But it seems a bit inflated this year.

3 Likes

Rates going up bitches.

POWEL just nuked the market.

4 Likes

I want a fire sale!
Pop Corn GIF by WWE

3 Likes

To The Moon GIF by OKX

Where they belong.

Now if the Friday jobs report is weak, market rallies. If it’s good news, we’ll long for today’s sell-off.

People who keep thinking we’re done:

Peoples Choice Awards GIF by NBC

3 Likes

Wouldn’t really call it nuked. New lows with s&p below 3500 would be nuked. Relative to rates we are more expensive than at market ATHs

1 Like

M2 money supply is contracting at rate not seen since the Great Depression. Hiking rates when the total money supply falls this much does not seem like a good idea to me.

https://twitter.com/northmantrader/status/1633187844108832770?s=46&t=5nJZ8HCy3l6Fh2rzjfs2GA

I’ve said this before and I stand by it. Imo, I would avoid bonds all together. On another note, Fed Funds futures points to a 50bps March hike, and no cuts this year. RIP housing

3 Likes