Have we hit peak Federal interest rates?

I’ve seen some ludicrous comments from leftists who claim the Fed is part of some right wing cabal out to get Biden. My reply is this chart.

1 Like

Atleast you can smoke your sorrows away, at a cheaper rate!

Yeah a lot of people forget that rates were rising under 45 as well.

Bring it on!

1 Like

3-4%?

Cars and houses are 7-8%. We don’t get to borrow from the fed like the banksters do

3 Likes

Groceries still climbing steadily. Since when did 4 sticks of butter cost $6? I was told to stop by grocery store on way home. Picked up four items(butter, eggs, milk, 12pk coke)…over $20.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking. Where is this 3/4% coming from? :joy:

Thankfully you weren’t shopping for crudite.

3 Likes

Kind of outlandish to assume all 54 states have the same grocery bill!!

3 Likes

DeCarboxlyte some premium tree, infuse some butter that’s $1.50 per, add some marshmallows and rice crispies or fruity pebbles and you got yourself a great time

1 Like

My mortgage is at Fed funds rate😀 kind of like a bank borrowed directly from Feds😀

1 Like

All jokes aside, what happens on Tuesday has big impacts regardless of what side does better.

1 Like

Trump/ Biden, GOP/ dems, Left/ Right, this inflation and rate rises were going to happen under anyone, just like they have EVERYWHERE else in the world, the USA isn’t high or low

You print a load of free money during a pandemic there is only every going to be one outcome. Sadly there was nothing else to do, unless we wanted to be even deeper in the shit, a fair old while ago…

11 Likes

Wells Fargo loans in it’s retail origination pipeline in the early weeks of the fourth quarter are down 90% YOY.

4 Likes

Once the layoffs come then the real fun starts. That’ll be one of the catalysts to kick off the shitstorm most likely. Most companies can’t handle 8-10% rates and have a viable business. Especially in this inflationary environment. Can only increase the prices of goods and services so much. People are already cutting discretionary spending.

Shutting down the economy was not the only thing to do. We should have locked up the elderly that wanted to be locked up, the rest of us had such a minimal chance of complications from corona virus. Global Lock downs were 100% the wrong call. Their science has been proving more and more wrong, and in the coming years it’ll be even more so

4 Likes

We should “all just forgive each other” or however else it was put in Washington Post about mistakes make during COVID.

6 Likes

I’m holding reservations on that but my ear to the ground says the answer from most is going to be a resounding NO when it comes to the subject of Amnesty for those who treated others like second class citizens and relentlessly hectored and mocked over a personal medical decision.

Don’t shoot the messenger, I’m just calling it as I see it.

2 Likes

I don’t understand this, but maybe I am missing something. Why would people sit on cash in a zero rate environment? Now that money markets, cd’s, and treasurys can be had at 4+ percent and climbing is probably when people are going to be sitting on cash more.

1 Like

They had the foresight to rotate some money out of equities during the fever (especially the cats-and-dogs of travel they bought during that dip), and knew those insane P/E multiples would not last.

They = @jeisensc

They =/ @spockvr6

hahahahahaa🤪

4 Likes