Have we hit peak Federal interest rates?

FAKE NEWS!! The economy is, and I quote “Strong as hell”, per one Mr. Joseph Robinette Biden. And I know he would never lie to me.

6 Likes

Counterpoint: A really nice recession would set us up for a wonderful retirement in 20 years.

Also… slow mode. :angry:

4 Likes

Speak for yourself :slight_smile: I don’t want to retire at age 70!

3 Likes

What’s the difference between
“Trusted Hackr Emeritus” and “Trusted Hackr”

Which is superior/better?

One is current, one is former.

1 Like

They both are over 21.

1 Like

I just sign back in with one of my alts.

3 Likes

one is a resident of the united arab emirates. just basic geolocation.

2 Likes

Lol good one

The ones who stayed as willing and active contributors are superior. The Emeritus are like the crusty old professors that got tired of being at the college, but still want to be associated with it sometimes.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

do they not have the powers of trusted hackr. They seem to be very laid back.

1 Like

Or perhaps dictate policy correctly without such drastic swings up and down. Say in a conservative range like 2-4%. This whole 0-10% things is a disaster, they know it, but that’s how the wealthy consolidates assets. Boom and bust cycles.

Once the economy is in the shitter then next will come the negative rates. If we’re not all starved to death by then…

2 Likes

No, we have evolved beyond moderation powers.

I just didn’t feel the need to write a paragraph explaining myself, so I collect my TH pension and let the rest of you moderate.

5 Likes

Wait you’re getting paid? Michael just offered me expired food stamps and a deck of cards

5 Likes

6 Likes

Huh??? I’m really confused rn.

1 Like

That’s right. It is now cheaper to build cars here due to exchange rates. Pretty much every major currency has devalued compared to the dollar and manufacturers are paying significantly less for imported components/parts/electronics and can still offer good deals.

1 Like

Shrug. Folks annoyed by a 3-4% interest rate? Really?

We had basically zero percent for 8-9 years where money supply ballooned and caused asset inflation. The only reason we didn’t see massive CP inflation is because China produced cheap goods for import.

4-5% interest rate might be good for us for a few years. Houses and assets need to devalue a little due to money supply contraction. The government needs to cut spending and deficits but that’s a different topic and probably not happening lol.

4 Likes

agreed. An incentive to save at a personal level is a good thing. Covid assistance boosted cash reserves for the first time in years but a startling number of Americans are paycheck to paycheck. Not sure decent rates will change that but at least money in the bank will actually grow.

1 Like

I’ve seen some ludicrous comments from leftists who claim the Fed is part of some right wing cabal out to get Biden. My reply is this chart.

1 Like