Has anyone had any luck getting an Omega x Swatch Moonwatch at retail?

I have a vintage Speedy, but decided to pick up a new bracelet for it. Was in the Chicago boutique and tried this exact one on. I’m not a gold fan, but it looked great and felt hefty on my wrist. Believe sticker was around $35k.

1 Like

Are people really still flipping these? They really are not that hard to get are they? I picked up 2 randomly.

It depends on where you live. The closest dealer to me is 6 hours away. The closest to LA is in SF, IIRC. It seems like they are being listed for about $50-$60 over retail, which is not that bad IMO when you consider tax and shipping will take up about $40 of that.

oh yes. they’re never even on sale at the south beach store because they fly out the door the minute they’re unboxed.

That’s the thing. It’s not exactly a flippable product. Its $275 with and stockx fees of $9 means that you’re making $22 transaction with the lowest ask of $306 before shipping costs.

Go to Vegas - its closer and plenty in stock.

1 Like

Just not when I was there in January :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I was supposed to be back next month, but looks like that may not happen. I think my grubby Apple Watch has something to do with it.

Feb had a good selection. This was 2 weeks ago.

1 Like

Depends on your local market. Made $100 each on the two I’ve sold locally. Have a saturn that still hasn’t sold. Might throw it up on r/watchexchange and still make $50 or more easy.

I imagine most are being sold on Facebook marketplace or forums since there are no fees. But regardless, it isn’t flippable as much as it is just limited locations.

I don’t live on the West Coast, but it is significantly cheaper and easier to pay someone a little over retail than travel there and hope they have what you want in stock while traveling 500 miles.

2 Likes

If I were you-I’d skip this plastic “fake Omega” and go for Bulova Lunar Pilot instead… yes more $$$ but a much better quality watch than this acrylic Swatch-Omega-wanna be… It’s like buying that FIERO with FERRARI badges :joy:

3 Likes

Here ya go, Jomashop $314 on Sale

Part of the fun to me is buying a watch that will retain its value. The Bulova is a nice watch, but it will be a third of what I paid the second I wear it. I can probably wear a Moonswatch for 6-12 months and sell it for close to what I paid, maybe a small loss.

While the Moonswatch also isn’t fantastic quality, it is fun and unique, which is what drew me towards it. Mr. Jones might be my next purchase since I have never seen anything like it followed by an Anordain fume (deposit for a Feb 2027 build date). I keep the serious designs and complications to the big players.

2 Likes

don’t buy watches from jomashop

Damn flippers. You people are the reason I waited 2 years for my batgirl gmt.

Anyone want a Sequioa for $9k over msrp? :joy:

2 Likes

Hey man, I didn’t flip my swatch omegas! I just bought them for my kids lol

Maybe it’s just me but that feels like it’s a lot of work for not much profit. $100 after travel to the store,gas, etc is more like 25 bucks an hour. Minimum wage is 15 and there’s no risk.

NYC WTC Swatch store this morning, completely empty if you’re interested and in the area

I had pre-planned my travel to meet family, happened to swing by the swatch store at a time of my liking, picked up the watch and three others since I had family with me as well. Clicked six pictures and had buyers pick it up from me, so I would say I didn’t spend more than an extra 5 mins doing everything.

If I was solely traveling for obtaining these watches to flip, I would agree.

1 Like

Wait retail is $260 what do they resell for? Just saw a guy pay $5500 on an Instagram jeweler page.