GYM RATS - How are you guys holding up?!

Yes agreed when I was in training for a certain three letter government agency a few years back I implied this method and it changed everything for me. My style of running is smoother, breathing is easy and way less energy into the ground and more propelling you forward. I also did a lot of sprint drills when up to stride I was only on the balls of my toes for full laps. Any distancing running my feet never strike in front of my torso, it eliminates heel striking.

1 Like

Must be the Appalachian Regional Commission.

Or the D.M.V.

Hey, dmv have Motor Vehicle investigators and you have to be able to lift a hood to read those VINs.

The DMV really upped there entrance requirements a few years back. Angry and rude are no longer minimum qualifications.

I get it subsidized through work so the cost isn’t too troubling, but unethical business practices are not acceptable. If I had the space for it, I’d have my own gym space set up as well.

I read an article that mentioned a couple places that opened their normally charged apps to temporary free virtual classes. Golds Gym until May 31, Planet Fitness does a daily class at 7pm on FB live and a few others but don’t recall.
I’m going to look into the POSE, thanks.

1 Like

Lifting my toilet papers and disinfectant wipes Im holding up just alright.

Link to said bike por favor. Would be nice if they could harness the energy from peddling to charging a cell phone or something small.

I’m thinking the ABC… Alcohol Beverage Control

1 Like

I went from lifting at the Mecca Golds Gym in Venice to workouts with some kettlebells and bands at home plus pull-ups pushups and running (and weighted vest)
Just scored a pair of 95lbs dumbbells from offerup they apparently used to be at an LA Fitness!
It is not just physical but mental for sure.
I need this stuff after losing over 200 pounds and dedicating my life to better health (you can find me on IG @thefitboss shameless plug)

image|375x500

2 Likes

They have these chargers or you could rig it yourself, but the cost is much higher than the energy you would be saving. I have the FitDesk, but there are much better ones now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CM9CBZY/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Used to go +5 times per week, but the my gym closed down in early march.

My prediction is that this thing is not going away anytime soon, so invested in a 300lb barbell set and a power rack, coming out to little under 500. Watching the gains go away was just too painful.

Workout doesn’t feel the same tho

This is the worst. Not being able to go to my 24 hour fitness to get shots up, PLUS not having games each night has been so hard. The off-season is always painful but I didn’t expect this one to come so soon!

I’ve had to dispute their charges monthly for over a year now since they overbill every month. I’ve sent the GM and their customer service folks copies of my contract like 10 times and nobody ever does anything about it. They’re total pricks. If only they weren’t the only gym in LA that had a decent basketball court.

1 Like

RT.

IMO they top Comcast as a shittier unethical billing practicing company.

Agree. At some point, Amex is probably gonna tell me to quit disputing and just cancel the membership. It’s just a PITA to deal with

Perfect time to buy a hoop for the driveway and work on that hook shot!

I’ll have to get a driveway first! Most homes in LA don’t even have garages. Those that do, don’t have driveways :laughing:

I used to have a hoop before we moved to CA. Miss it!

2 Likes

Tell me about it. My team was 1st place with 3 games left before playoffs and they cancelled. Top 4 teams were neck and neck so it was setting up for a competitive series…so friggin bummed.
Seriously missing my Sunday morning pick up🏀. My Kyrie’s are just collecting dust at this point.

There was this older guy in my group who played for the Sonics back in the 70s. He had that hook shot down like nobody’s business!

1 Like

Just saw this on my feed. Check it out.

1 Like