Guide to reading lease paperwork before signing?

Great job on this! This should be a sticky…thank you for putting all the time in as I am sure this will help quite a few members.

Section 9B3 can get tricky. As noted this usually signifies how much money the dealer is expecting you to bring to the table. But sometimes (when they are getting creative) that is not the case and the dealer is actually chipping in some money here. I believe this works out better anyway as if the dealer shows some of their contribution as a capitalized cost reduction, it then becomes taxable.

Chris, great job on this. One item to look at. On line 2 CCR. On my last contract, Incentives such as Lease Cash, conquest, OL codes were applied here. Isn’t that typical?

Thanks. You mean 9-B 2?

9A1. For example, the 2000 lease cash would be on 9B2 but also would be used on 9A1?

1 Like

Ah yes you are correct. Let me clarify that in the file.

If anyone else sees anything incorrect or that needs clarifying please let me know :slight_smile:

Nice job!! I actually already reviewed and signed my paperwork but I’m so glad this is now a resource for everyone.

Thanks I read through it thoroughly. So In my case, I have a $750 honda loyalty incentive. Where can I find that? I believe this amount would likely be used towards capitalized cost reduction ?

Added to Leasing 101. Thanks @chrishs2000!

7 Likes