GR Corolla Pricing

Pricing has been announced. I just contacted my dealer about one. Going to see if I can get one close to MSRP.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a41075018/2023-toyota-gr-corolla-pricing/

5 Likes

the real question is, what dealer will be the one to have this marked up to six figures?

That MSRP is ridiculous.

People paying $50k will be begging for 25 in 3-4 years.

1 Like

Ill buy a manual one then, matter is settled.

So article can avoid mentioning the cheaper WRX because it is not a “hatch,” yet I bet the trunk of a WRX has more space than this car’s hatch area.

EDIT: ok, I looked it up. This has 5 more cu ft in the boot. Still awfully close, and you save $7500 with the Subaru.

2 Likes

The new Subaru is ugly tho

2 Likes

true, true.

Wrx performance pretty underwhelming relatively. This is another level

It’s pretty incredible they have been unable to make the car perform better in like 10 years

Not to mention the engine is trash

agreed, this is on the level of the STI.

I think it only comes in manual

1 Like

I’ll wait for actual testing before I’ll make any such claims.

What is this based on?

MSRPhackr?

2 Likes

Reliability :joy:

Anyone who’s owned a boxer engine will tell you how trash it is

Blessedhackr

3 Likes

I love this thing but for 36k a Hyundai Elantra N is bargain that does easily 80% what this Gr does.

2 Likes

$50k is for a track focused limited run trim, main seller Core will start at $36k and for that price it is equipped similar to the WRX Limited, which is priced very similarly. GR Corolla has a more unique engine and awd system compared to the WRX.

On a personal note I have been working on securing one for months now. I am at the top of 4 dealers’ list that sell at MSRP (one even says they will be $1k below MSRP but I will believe it when I see the deal sheet). I have deposits and sold order forms secured at two of these dealers. Do the legwork and you can get one at MSRP, first cars hitting the dealer lots in November…

3 Likes

I own one. Works great for me.

Data don’t agree with anecdotal evidence as for reliability. Most I know who had issues with previous generations modded them. The vast majority are good and the absurd resale value speaks to that.

As for boxer engine? Millions of Porsche owners vehemently disagree with you.

anyway, we are off topic.

I was looking forward to this car, but $37k is too dear for me for an econobox, regardless of the drivetrain.

2 Likes

please let me know how that goes. my dealer doesnt have a list going yet. @Qbrozen the EJ motors are known for so so reliability when driven hard, have a few friends that have cracked pistons in stock STIs, nevermind modified ones

1 Like