Good or bad? Volve XC40 Momentum

What do you guys think? $410 + tax with inceptions DAS ($2900)

2020 Volvo XC40 Momentum FWD
built in navigation, panoramic sunroof, and leather
This manager demo has 3,000 miles
36 months / 10k miles
MSRP $42,225

Does this seem like a good deal? Doesn’t the DAS seem high or no?

No, it seems terrible.

2 Likes

You have only given us topline figures to evaluate your deal. Post your calculator and hackrs can help you find the rough spots in your deal.

1 Like

Here is my best tip on how to break down the most critical variables in your deal. Identify: 1. your Dealer Discount, 2. Volvo direct-to-dealer incentive, and 3. find out what is your buy rate MF at edmunds.com.

If you are not comfortable with the LH calculator yet, your best bet is to ask the dealer for your lease worksheet. Everything you need to understand your deal is on there. Make sure your worksheet has the MF on there and it includes the calculation of net capitalized cost. Post it and you can get some help.

Will get more info and report back. Anyone have any opinions on what selling price should be?

Id shoot for $38000 - 38500ish pre-incentive

Sorry i’m not very sophisticated. When you say pre-incentive are you saying I should pay $38k for the car before they apply $1500 lease cash? The $1500 lease cash is the only incentive I qualify for. Costco ended in June. Does that $38,000 target price take into consideration that it was a manager demo and has about 3,000 miles on it?

No, you should target more discount on a demo (I’d shoot for $35.5ish), I missed that part of your first post, and yes, pre-incentive would be before any incentives are applied.

Not a good deal at all. Ask for a breakdown from the dealer.

Depending on how many XC40s this dealer has on the lot they may not give OP the discount we are accustomed to seeing on a Fart car deal they may be trying to maximize profit per unit.

kendo - welcome to the Volvo leasing dojo. You will need to train to lock in a great deal. So its time for the Kenshi to remove the “not” and become a “sophisticated” lease negotiator. Consider yourself lucky, The Volvo Sensei here are as good as they come. A few of them have already guided you away from signing a 36 month financial liability. Listen to what they have to say but you need to put in the work. (extended Martial Arts metaphor ends here).

Not interested in work (not everyone has the time), do yourself a favor and find a broker here and happily pay up to $500 to get a great deal. They will save you from a bad deal and your fee will be paid back approx 3-5x.

You can learn a lot in a short period of time - if you accept the challenge. Heads up, a Volvo lease carries a higher degree of difficulty than other badges. Here are some concepts you must wrap your head around.

A. Volvo’s go-to-market strategy makes heavy use of direct-to-dealer incentives. Dealers account for this incentive in their selling price offer to you. You must really understand the concept of PRE-INCENTIVE Discount vs Dealer Incentive to negotiate a good Volvo deal.

B. Would you pay the same price for a demo car and a new car? No, you negotiate a higher PRE-INCENTIVE discount on a demo.

C. Since a demo has a small number of miles on it, it will be worth less when you turn it in. New leases will have approx 30K miles on them when they get turned in, your demo will have 30k+3k. Volvo will adjust the RV of your lease. Volvo uses a unique method to adjust for demo miles. Research here to figure it out. Do me a favor and post your acquired adjustment knowledge here - and we will be even. I haven’t figured it out yet.

My earlier comments still apply. Go do your homework. It will pay off.

4 Likes

Absolutely, but that’s at least where I’d start targeting

1 Like

According to the thread below, penalty is $0.20 per mile. So $600.

Sales guy won’t give me the lease sheet :rofl:

He gave me selling price which he said was $36,500 so about $1k off from @mllcb42 's suggestion.

His offer has improved to $412 inc tax with $2k DAS

This is what my lease calc looks like after inputting everything I know. He mentioned a dealer fee of $995 and a $995 bank acq fee. I’m hazy on the other fees involved. The calculated payment doesn’t match what he’s offering.

Acquisition Fee is correct, but the $995 dealer fee is a Florida dealer unwritten rule.

I would talk to some other dealers. By the way, which dealer is this?

Palm Beach…i’m having trouble getting them to go any lower

I also have a different offer on the table: https://share.getcloudapp.com/KouBKY69

I think i can work this one more because the car has a $3k lower MSRP and the offers are similar in terms of total cost over the lease term.

Good luck, they are notorious for extremely little discount due to the market they can appeal to.

The salesperson has been following up but really holding firm.

I would recommend to start talking to a GM rather than a salesperson.

Also, I think you need to build the deal yourself using information available through Edmunds, LH, Volvo’s website before you talk to any more dealers.

1 Like