Good or Bad deal? Subaru WRX $269 A month

I requested a written breakdown of everything. They responded with the inception fees coming to $2485.

is this plus tax? and what is the MSRP

Not sure what the MSRP is or if the payment is plus tax or not, but if you are located in California take a look at this post. Should be able to help you out.

What the heck is an inception fee? The $269 obviously doesn’t cover tax, title, license, registration, or acquisition fee, but it clearly says zero down.

I’d be all over this at that price. Also, it seems to me that WRX residuals are ridiculously deflated, which means you should be able to flip it and make a grand or 2 at the end of the lease.

I told them it’s a mute point until I see that broken out as it sounds like a bait and switch. I think he knows he got caught as he started listing it and it included dealer fees, leasing fees, destination charges etc…and then OH, first months payment as an after thought. They are supposed to send me something by email this evening to the cent of what it would be. He said it would need adjusted for my tax rate since I am out of state so I am not positive if that includes tax or not. My assumption is that MSRP is for the lowest spec at $27195. Unfortunately I made the assumption that all models came with EyeSight and that is not the case. The minimum model would be the premium to get it.

Here is the agreement

That’s not zero down. It’s $365.63 down. It says it right there under cap cost reduction. Also a $795 doc fee? Bunch of BS fees on there. At least they got the monthly right.

Its a bit pricey for 10k miles, at 12k miles the deals a little more reasonable.

I got to say I am impressed a dealer would send that detailed paperwork after just one email from you.
This is a good payment but they are really stuffing the fees in there 275 electronic processing fee, 795 acq fee etc

Agree with others. That is over $1k in “doc fees.” Wow! And what the hell is rental surcharge and what’s with the extra “use tax”? They really try to sprinkle it around to confuse you.

Dealers will put “zero down” but it’s not zero due at signing.

Just for a reference I got a 2018 wrx base last June pretty much right when the 18 hit the showrooms. I’m paying 279 a month with 0 down and just first months payment, acquisition fee was waived. This is ny

1 Like

So my takeaway is that this isn’t a deal worth pursuing. Thanks everyone.

what dealer was this , I live in NY … greatly appreciated

Gran prix subaru hicksville long island. Noy sure if they are giving deals though. Wanted the new ascent and they actually gave me the highest price and would not come down, not even $1.

how’s your wrx going … looking to get one

1 Like

Its my 2nd one and for the money its great. My only complaint would be the gearbox. It has a rough shift but other than that no complaints, plus i get close to 29 MPG. I need a bigger car so I have to let it go.