Good lease on 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV top trim?

This I agree with. The uncertainty of whether you would get a decent amount for a used car in 3 years especially one that’s marked up, is an issue

I didn’t follow this — do you mean to say there are others to go for (at other dealerships)? Or that they don’t seem to be making as many?

This model/trim is currently in very short supply (if there are 350 Mitsu dealers in the US, roughly 1 out 4 got 1 GT). And it’s a Japanese car built in Japan, so that is probably why the discount is so low. Supply will get worse before it gets better.

Thanks. So based on the Edmunds price, and low supply (post above), is it likely that such a lease cannot be hacked? As in I can ask them to lower MSRP some (to what they can, depending if they want to make end of month deal), and then correct the money factor to Edmunds, but otherwise does this appear to be a stalemate? I mean I can insist on 0 down, but ultimately the dealers do seem to want to make a sale…its just to what extent can one push them to a point they aren’t making a loss on the vehicle at their end? They do seem to want me to buy, and based on this threed, I have decided against buying it…im trying to see if it even feasible to try to get them down to below 500 on this ,or its a losing game. I think the car is fine for a 3 year lease, just not at this price.

That’s on you. Call around, make offers, be persuasive about how quick and easy a sale it will be for them. But honestly if you can get a Prime for $1,000 or less above sticker, take it.

Don’t hold on to some BS principle like “I won’t pay above sticker” if that’s what you mean.

Your idea about knocking $4,000 off the Outlander quote is pure fantasy and it would still be an absolutely atrocious lease at $619 with 0 DAS.

I agree with you. So far every dealer I have called for Prime told me they are selling it at 5K above MSRP “because they can”. I mean they literally just tell you that. if you know of a good dealer, I am all ears.

what have the brokers here told you? And how far out from home have you shopped. I just went to cars . com and looked for all RAV4 Primes in the country, sorted low to high price and have yet to see any advertised with ADM in the first 150 listings.

1 Like

So far I have looked all over the country (no miles restricted) using autrotraders and cars.com. when I call a dealership, they tell me either they have a deposit on the vehicle advertised, or they ‘have one coming’ and are accepting deposits for 5K above MSRP. Granted this is the XSE trim, not SE trim, but still. They may list it lower, but when you call them, thats what they tell you.

I also don’t know why you’re valuing the ability to plug in so highly. So you get free juice at work, so what? That’s 20 miles of free driving. All the rest of your driving you’re still burning gas. At end of the day free juice on a PHEV is not worth it if you are paying $600+ and $4,000 DAS for it.

This is like the Nth time you’ve said. The onus is not on any of us to find you a dealer to do the deal for you. It’s a d!ck move to keep implying that so if that continues I’ll just bow out and mute this thread. Good luck in your search

1 Like

Just confirming (I know nothing about the PP) is it LE/XLE?

Of the latter, I see 684 on the ground.

I would check with the brokers before I contacted another dealer.

If you are not in a state where you get an HOV sticker, or a sales tax break/state incentive, look at a regular hybrid (non plug-in). It leases much better and gets very good gas mileage.

On a lease, I doubt any PHEV fuel savings (based on what you shared) will offset how poorly they lease, based on leasing 2 hybrids (and almost a phev this last time) and tracking mileage for the entire lease.

so for RAV4 prime, its SE vs XSE. This was teh best website I found for side by side comparison: https://www.toyota.com/rav4prime/features/mpg/4544/4550

Talking to all brokers so far (including to couple from this site), leasing is 750/month plus

Got it: 91 of those in the entire US.

There are 3 times as many Rav4 Hybrids

Edit: another Japanese car, built in Japan. Quite a knack for picking those

2 Likes

Maybe the Japanese build some decent cars ;)?

On that note, just found an Xse 1000 above msrp advertised online, called dealership, they said they want to sell it for 5K above, I asked them can you honor price advertised on website, manager refused to sell it to me. Said he “wants to keep it in state”. (Probably trying to find someone willing to pay 5K above msrp). So the persons question who asked me what do dealers tell you, that’s pretty much a good example

At the moment, they pretty much don’t make any cars

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, where have you been getting your #'s from? Any site other than autotrader or cars.com to see who has them?

65 on cargurus
New Mitsubishi Outlander Hybrid Plug-in for Sale in Kansas City, MO - CarGurus

This one is working toward a second birthday

1 Like

I was looking at the 2021’s as they seemed to have a longer range and had a better powertrain but may need to expand search to 2020.

Maybe not :grinning:

2 Likes

Could be fast for a Mitsu. ;b

2 Likes