Good lease on 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV top trim?

So in summary:
They are bumping your Money Factor 20bps from .67% to 1.17% (.00028 to .00048) need to ask for Buy rate if your credit permits.

The discount is super low at 2% for this model/brand. Need to research here some other deals to see what is reasonable discount.

Your quote is requiring you to put down 4100 cash upfront. A big no.
The residual is a super low 48% for 36 months, but you can’t do anything about it. Low residual, higher payment.

Edmunds lease cash is correct at 250, which is low. Autobytel does show 5,500 CCRA bonus cash, would it apply if you leased through Ally? Don’t know. I 'll let the more experienced hackrs clarify.

Objectively everything looks against the Outlander.

619$ for a 43k car maybe better to finance it

friends don’t let friends by a Mitsu.

OP, $750 for X3e or Q5e is kinda steep, but market has changed a lot. Phev might not be cost effective for states that don’t have rebates.

1 Like

Better off with an Lexus Nx 400-500 lease or a Lexus Rx

Edit: oh wait he wants an PHEV

1 Like

Any particular reason why not to buy it with a plan of selling it to carmax/Carvana after 3-4 years? Should get 17-20K right?

Tried this route, Lexus folks quoting 700+ for RX 450e

Yes if they exit the US market.

Yep. That’s my only concern. Though I have a hunch they will team up with Nissan. I don’t foresee them exiting completely. I suspect they will make Nissan their distributor. Question is will Nissan treat outlander cars equally as their own

What will be the demand of a vehicle if they exit the US market, they are already hurting as it is. I will not own a Mitsu period. I have a Saab that I can sell you if you like :smile:

If you want a PHEV at a decent price, given these numbers why wouldn’t you just look at the Wrangler 4xe?

The death of Mitsubishi in the States is over exaggerated. North America is the largest volume market for Mitsubishi in the world (although China is close). Americans buy more Mitsubishi cars annually than the Japanese do, and it’s by a wide amount, IIRC. Now I realize that doesn’t equate to profits, but you’re in bigger trouble if you have to exit your biggest volume market.

Now I still wouldn’t buy one, although the new Outlander (non-PHEV) looks to be a competitive choice in its class.

$618/month with $4,000+ DAS … how is this even a question?

If you’re fixated on this then buy it and take the $6,857 tax credit.

Otherwise look at other PHEV or BEV that lease better.

1 Like

I agree with your assessment. I think for some reason people just like to hate on Mitsubishi. Their concerns are valid given there is often one dealership in most cities when there should be more.

Why wouldn’t you buy one? (Note that my preference is also to lease over buy, but just evaluating if the leases are crazy, then is it worth buying, getting tax credit and selling it off in 3 years to Carvana/carmax)

I agree with you, except name a 5+ seater PHEV which goes more than 20 miles on an electric charge, has adaptive cruise control (and similar safety features), leather seats etc that currently that has 0 DAS and is leasing for less than 550-600 currently. Again in this current environment, not historically. Volvo t8 xc90 may be possible but it doesn’t even hit 20.

I share the frustration (trust me, I’ve been looking) but I’m also trying to be practical. It could be region specific and I suspect there are better deals to be had in northeast or florida, just not in Midwest. But I’m open to suggestion or proposals. The brokers I have written to so far have also told me that this is currently not possible.

The purpose of this post was to see if an outlander phev lease deal can be hacked. It’s appearing it may not be possible though

Have you gotten far enough to see that there are only 85 of these red-diamond treasures for sale?”

And, a Ford Fusion Energi checks all your boxes

1 Like

Buy a RAV4 PRIME.

longer ev range.

More tax credit

Much much much stronger value retention for resale purposes

2 Likes

I think there’s your answer, you’re rolling the dice on buying at inflated price today and hoping you can sell it in three years.

I bought mine in MA and drove it over to CA. Unconventional, but i got 2500 DAS (back from state rebate) and 275/mo. If you have a good friend in MA you could use their address and have them ship it over. I saw a dealership offer 4000 DAS with 199/mo but only 7500 mi

https://drivegreen.greenenergyconsumers.org

Generally, using someone else’s address in another state to get a rebate that’s only available to residents of the other state, that’s fraud.

Did I misunderstand your suggestion, or are the rebate terms that flexible?

2 Likes

RAV4 primes are currently being sold by Toyota dealerships at thousands above msrp. If you find a dealer willing to sell at msrp let me know :wink: