Golf R Lease Opinions/Suggestions?

Allow me to clarify. That is with 2K drive off. So not $500 effective.

Multiple people say it’s the best deal they’ve seen on a Golf R.

Help me understand how that = hire a broker?

:bat:

1 Like

Current GTI payment, including tax, is $352/mo. The performance boost is something I’d love, but that’s more of a want then a need. It’s the AWD for rain/snow (I’m located in PA) that I’m specifically after. And being 27, a loaded interior/tech/upgraded stereo are essentials for me as well (which the R has standard).

As far as brokers, I wouldn’t be opposed, but I’m new around here, so I’m not 100% sure how it all works. Plus, anything I seem to find that are “great dealers” and/or “great brokers” are all BMW focused, since BMW seem to subsidize the hell out of their leases. Any contacts or suggestions you could throw my way?

I meant for a possible screaming deal on an S4, not the Golf R which he’s getting a great price on already.

I would definitely check out the M340i. @nextlevelautobrokers has been offering some in the high 400s.

Go drive the bmw, might make the decision easier

Your Golf R offer already appears to be pretty competitive. Shop around a little more, but I don’t think you need anymore help from brokers.

1 Like

I meant to see if a broker could help him with an S3, not the Golf R that he’s already got a nice deal on.

I believe he was referencing Audi brokers. Which I wouldn’t be opposed to.

As @joeblogs mentioned above, If you can qualify for Loyalty and either have an OL code or College grad you can literally get a 15k more expensive BMW m340i for less money. Takes some legwork, but if you’re on leasehackr you’re already either learning or winning.

It took me ~3weeks of chasing an m340i deal, but got mine at 436/mo with 0 down and just MSD. The car is a beast!

1 Like

Ignore me. I’m silly this morning.

1 Like

How far/wide is it suggested to shop around? 100-150 miles is where I’ve been trying. I assume nationwide is too much?

With this deal in hand, do I use it as the initial negotiating point in order to not waste my own or the dealers time?

You have a solid offer already, but shop it to other dealers. Always go nationwide, but unless you find a dealer offering an additional 2k off or more, I don’t necessarily think it’s worth the hassle, plane ticket, or even shipping cost.

The heart wants what it wants. Few cars get as much enthusiast street cred as a Golf R. My head turns whenever I see one. We all know you could of had an S3 or a M340i, but you went R. And that’s pretty cool. You can shop it to other dealers, but it looks like a solid deal. Don’t be surprised if you have some equity at end of lease, as these hold value very well…

1 Like

I had a few extra thousand in positive equity at the end of my 2017 R lease. Keep in mind that they will move to the MK8 R in a couple of years so this is the last of the MK7 R. Don’t know what that means for sales prices or residual values but good to keep in mind.

There is positive equity in the Golf R lease because you’re paying too much for it during the lease.

If there’s enough positive equity, selling it before lease end might net you a few dollars back as the payoff should be well below the market value.

1 Like

I think your better off buying the car. Resale is strong but money factor is a killer. Even with a 72 mo loan, after 39 months you can get out of it and at 60 months you will have lots of equity. I just think in this situation it makes more sense to buy instead of lease

1 Like

I just leased a Traffic Purple R
MSRP $45,924
Discount $4,649
Sales Price $41,275
Residual $24,399
Multi-Care added @ $995
Plus Fees
48/10K
Payment $545
ZERO DRIVE OFF
First Payment Made by Dealer
Did I do okay?

You’re not going to get much love here for a 48 month lease and I personally wouldn’t be driving a golf R for $550 a month, but you’ve already signed, so it doesn’t really matter.

2 Likes

Just curious. Love the car. My insurance is only $35/mo. I will be able to write off around 75% for business. What do you think?
I know I could have gotten a 2 Series for around the same but the R fit my needs better. I figure I am around 50:50 to buy at end and I like the 6 year warranty.