GM recalling Bolts for potential battery issue

Curious if this has happened to anybody after swapping.

Did anybody receive a title? CA sent me the title for my replacement vehicle. No lienholder is on the title paperwork. Lease account is still open.

2 Likes

Congratulations you are the owner of that vehicle free and clear according to California state law :nerd_face:

1 Like

Sounds like someone at GM Financial may have goofed up!

I didnā€™t get a title for my lease substitution of collateral. The VIN on my lease account was updated to reflect the new vehicle fairly quickly (within a month or so).

2 Likes

Just to add DP - order submitted 9/1 and accepted today with estimated build date week of 10/10. They said it will likely be at the dealer by December.

1 Like

Sounds like the production timeline has sped up quite a bit. I did receive an email a week ago notifying me that my vehicle is built, but no update as to when it would make it to the dealer. I have a feeling I could get mine before end of year. Iā€™m hoping it isnā€™t til the new year, though.

1 Like

Congratulations! What was your TPW?

Did you hear from repurchase coordinator yet?

Youā€™re gonna have to spell out that acronym for me :laughing:

I did ā€” they emailed me last week to confirm the build was complete and just said they would follow up with some paperwork shortly. Havenā€™t gotten the paperwork yet, but Iā€™m not pushing it since Iā€™m still enjoying the rental reimbursements :joy:

TPW = target production week.

Ah, no I havenā€™t yet. I did just receive my SOC letter this morning, though.

From those who have gone through the process (@ElectricEliminator @Supakimchee @MisterGoober , @in8dc @baggy , others?), how long did it generally take between signing and returning the SOC letter and executing the swap for your new Bolt? Also Iā€™m thinking of shooting my shot and seeing if I can ask for some $ for MSRP difference even though this is in CA :laughing:

1 Like

My swap is ready to go once my car actually comes in. Thereā€™s paperwork that needs to be sent to the dealer by the rep but she is holding off until she has a better idea of when the car should arrive.

Ahh, great ā€“ so we arenā€™t quite as close to executing the swap as Iā€™d initially thought. Thatā€™s great news. I was under the impression that once I signed the SOC letter, theyā€™d immediately schedule the swap in the next few weeks. Iā€™m not wanting to give up the rentals just yet!

Edit:

Per my repurchase advisor:

The state of Californiaā€™s Lemon Law does not allow for downgrade credit in a repurchase case.

The vehicle has shipped and shows an estimated delivery date as today. :cry:

1 Like

9/1 was when order was submitted by dealer?

My order was submitted by dealer 9/26 and hasnā€™t been accepted yet. I think Iā€™ll be close to the wire as my lease ends end of Jan.

I wouldnā€™t worry too much about delivery dates. Mine had an ETA of 9/25 and here we areā€¦

1 Like

Is yours actually on the lot? Or still waiting to be delivered? The way my RC made it sound was that the vehicle was arriving on the lot today.

Last I checked mine was still at the rail yard in Michigan. Iā€™ll check in with the dealer again on Friday unless I hear something new before that.

1 Like

Once you return the paperwork, itā€™s solely dependent on when the car gets to your dealer. It doesnā€™t hurt to ask but they wonā€™t give any MSRP difference in CA, especially since the SOC agreement is signed.

2 Likes

The lease on my husbandā€™s 2020 Bolt is up in January with still no battery replacement. Due to some lifestyle changes, a new Bolt doesnā€™t make sense for us now so we asked GM for a straight repurchase offer - just in:

Donā€™t know if we can do any better with them for all the aggravation, given the January lease-end. But wanted to share the data as a reference point for anyone in a similar situation. Of course, now we have to find a car that WILL work for us, a whole new pain point right now. The 9k will at least help.

You should do a SOC into a SUV of as close to the same MSRP as your bolt. Then sell the SUV and pocket the difference between the sale price of the SUV and your bolt lease payoff. You should be able to double your $8800.

2 Likes

Good advice