GM recalling Bolts for potential battery issue

Got my 2023 EUV last week, steering is weighted a bit heavier and doesn’t feel as “light and tossable” as my 2020 EV but nearly every gripe I’ve had with the 2020 has been addressed. Slightly nicer interior, power seat, better controls for HVAC. Slightly roomier, super cruise, sunroof. Oh, the best part? I can use the whole battery now!

Downside has been that the button on the screen to activate the front camera is gone. I can’t figure out how to turn it on other than going into reverse and back to drive, otherwise everything is better.

I have a base ID.4 on order with hopes it would show up by the end of the year and would be close to $30k after rebate, but I can’t imagine losing the leather, roof, power seats etc. from the Bolt.

I really think the updated EV/EUV are some of the most underrated cars out there at the current pricing (never mind that ours were effectively free for the lease)

2 Likes

Thank you. I wouldn’t have loaded it with Super Cruise if I could expect the entire price difference being paid back. Who knows, maybe there’s a cap on that cash.

I’m not sure if there is, I just wanted to get every option anyway, seemed like it would be nice to have for my mostly highway commute. I also thought it might be nice to have it for resale value but the subscription aspect of it might not have much impact. Hopefully it will be delivered soon!

1 Like

Sure, that was exactly my thought, when I built/ordered mine. Could you also advise how to track an existing order? I could only find a form to sign up for the order email updates, but remember that you had a way of tracking yours.

How long did it take from when dealer put in order to arriving on lot? Did you get Redline or non-Redline? If non-redline, is it the darker seats? Are those actually more blue?

Best bet is to ask your dealer to do it, or your repurchase rep if there is one. Nobody else will really be able to give you any accurate information.

It has not arrived yet to my knowledge. Last I checked it was still waiting for transport from Michigan. I got the Redline so I’ll be getting the all black interior.

1 Like

What a deal, and quite the story! Congrats to you! I’m surprised you didn’t give in earlier this year when GM was providing 22 EV/EUV specifically for SOC. When I read this thread in May, I was convinced that once the GM supplied inventory of 22 Bolts for SOC was depleted, we would not have a chance to do SOC any more, so I ended up choosing a leftover base EUV back in the summer. Kudos to you for having the patience to wait it out until now and get a 23 loaded EUV with the $6300 MSRP drop as a reward for that.
Congrats again!

1 Like

Honestly I was content with getting a new battery at the time and just waiting for it. When that began to drag out and I heard that the clock was running out on swaps I just decided to go for it before I lost my opportunity. My commute has changed drastically over the past 6 months as well. I’m driving around 100 miles a day so the charging and range limitations they set on the car have become less than ideal. Looking ahead at the current car market, it became clear that I wouldn’t be able to come close to the previous deals I got, nor would I be able to finance anything that would suit my needs for the price of my lease buyout. Might as well give it as many bells and whistles and as much warranty as possible for when that time came.

You had a chance to do this on your first one too, just had to be patient. lol

Im glad it worked out the way it did. If I had it my way last year I would have sold them both back and leased an LT1 to replace them. Im glad it didn’t work out because that would have cost me a fortune commuting. No way I could have predicted the job change or increased fuel costs at the time. While I’d still love an LT1 eventually, sometimes things work out the way they are supposed to.

1 Like

You should have an order number. GM chat can track it for you and provide event codes. Key ones are 3000 - order accepted, 3400 - in production, 3800 - vehicle produced. 4000 codes are shipping but not reliable.

1 Like

Many thanks! I used the chat and was told that it’s “preparing for production”, so nothing is happening yet. :grinning:

Try hitting the Home button and then there should be a Camera icon on the screen which will activate the cameras. You might have to swipe left/right for additional icons, but you can move them around to put the ones you use the most on the first screen.

Bumping my post because I was finally able to swap my leased 2020 Bolt LT for a 2023 Bolt EUV Premier along with a $5000+ check for my troubles. According to my concierge being in WI and having my lease through GM financial was beneficial to my case, but she wasn’t specific. I think part of it is no mileage deduction, but I’m not sure if there was more. I definitely like the EUV a bit better and the infotainment/controls are much more similar to those on my 2022 Blazer, which is nice. My dealer was great through the process, which was a learning curve for them since mine was their first swap.

1 Like

Thanks, will move to the first screen!

Have you already received your check? From what I was told:

1. Usage/Mileage deduction is state dependent
  2. The captive lender needs to approve the SOC. Having GM Financial as the lender simplifies this
  3. Getting the 2023 was extremely beneficial for those of us doing swaps, since it significantly increases the MSRP gap between your original and replacement vehicles.

You mentioned $5000 for your troubles in my SOC documents I haven’t received the final ones yet but along the way they said that you can be compensated for extra ordinary issues. Is the $5000 and MSRP difference, or something else?

Haven’t received the $ yet, but mine appeared to be a difference in MSRP between the old and new vehicle.

To clarify, the check was for the MSRP difference and my dealership had it there when I went to complete the paperwork and switch vehicles. It sounded like they’d be reimbursed by GM. Others have reported having to wait for a check in the mail for GM, so maybe this is up to the dealership hosting the swap?

2 Likes

Thank you for the clarification. Has anyone claimed incidental damages. There’s something along the way that I had read that.