GM recalling Bolts for potential battery issue

Hi all,

First thanks for all the information those are really helpful. My family leases two 2020 bolt ev in California.
I started my first call on 8/24,2 days later received email for uploading documents. 8/31 received a call telling me they are finding a host for the swap.

I know this is a long process in general and I am late to the game. Originally I am planning to get 23 euv and Sliverado(flip for profit thanks to previous discussion). However, I saw that if the remedy was ready then the swap won’t happen. Therefore I wonder if I should settle for more available cars instead of waiting for the 23 euv assuming they could find a host within reasonable time.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Did you swap into a 2022 or 2023? I thought you can swap into a 2023 maxed out premier EUV for under $38k

Yea it’s 2023 EUV and I think we exactly 38.5k maxed out

Ok, Was confused cause you said you swapped into a EUV 2LT earlier. But I think 2LT trim was only for 2022.

Yea sorry - got the MY mixed up, and think youre right the 2022 was less $$

Maybe somebody here can help me with this as I’ve ordered a replacement Bolt EUV: Is Silver Flare Metallic a true silver or does it have some other color (blue, green, etc) tint? It’s hard to tell from the Chevy site but I know they have a color that looks like watered down blue and I don’t want that. I want to make sure I’m ordering normal silver.

I spoke to them today. The SOC replacement lease starts with 0 mi.

1 Like

That’s what I got from GM financial rep as well. They’re the ones who’s gonna charge for over mileage and stuff in the end…

Thanks man I appreciate it

Hi, did you get your car yet? How attractive were the offers?

If anyone is looking for a launch edition found one for 34k if u have another bolt for the loyalty cash. If I don’t pick it up I’ll pass it along

Not yet. I’ve been told that it has an ETA of 9/25. Waiting to hear back from the repurchase coordinator once the invoice is released to them. I’d imagine that would be soon if it is truly in transit with an estimated delivery date.

1 Like

Anyone with a lease-based SOC swap in CA get their $5800 reimbursement from GM yet? I’m in NorCal and still haven’t received the letter yet…

What’s the $5800 for? I thought in CA you don’t get any money back on collateral swaps (SOC) on leases?

Good luck! I was contacted today and asked to provide my 2020’s photos “In order to present you with a formal offer”.
Let’s see how long it takes.

Who is your Coordinator? Mine is Alexis… I provided those photos and other documents closer to the beginning of the process and I haven’t been asked to update them or anything like that.

1 Like

The last one who contacted me today was Sierra. I placed the order with Glenden and she then transferred me to her.

You won’t get a refund if you have a prior lease. That’s only for purchases.

That is correct, in CA you won’t get any money back even if the MSRP of the swapped car is less.

The $5800 I’m referring to is a totally separate reimbursement. Basically, after GM decided to drop the price of the 2022/2023 EUVs by 6300(5800+500 already existing), GM started mailing out promise letters of $5800 reimbursement to people who bought (cash or finance) 2022 models this year but didn’t get the new incentives. I believe they’re doing this as a goodwill and try to be fair to those who bought early before the June announcement of this year.

Now, I’ve seen one or two rare, unconfirmed reports of GM issuing $5800 letter to those who did a SOC lease swap (which I believe would be fair for GM to do since many of us plans to buy back the swapped car at lease-end and the market value of the car has now been deminished by $5800. So I was curious if anyone here can confirm that they did a SOC lease swap in CA and gotten the $5800 reimbursement letter…

It’s unconfirmed, because it isn’t true. According to GM:

“All Bolt EV/EUVs purchased in the 2022 model year are eligible, Chevrolet said. Customers who leased through GM Financial are not eligible.”

If you did a SOC with a prior lease, you won’t get the letter.