GM recalling Bolts for potential battery issue

About 9 months for us? But you may want to consult with a lawyer. It may or may not matter that you’re returning your lease.

My swapped bolt 2023 lease is almost up.
Is there an updated list of players that we can sell the lease to? I believe carvana, vroom, carmax, etc cannot buy them anymore. Is it just chevrolet dealers that can buy out the lease?
I wouldn’t mind getting a dollar or two plus not having to pay the disposition fees.

Why is it that those third-party organizations can no longer buy the vehicle back. I believe mine will be due sometime in April and I have an approximately 20,000 $21,000 buyback, I think there’s room in these vehicles to make a profit or I may even keep it. The new blazer ev I saw the other day posted on another thread here was $60,000

Because GM hates you…and everyone else who leases and tries to resell their product.

Yeah my residual is somewhere around $20,xxx. I just ran the vin thru Carvana and Vroom and they returned a buyout of $24K at Vroom and $26K at Carvana. (mileage ~ 5K)
I know that dealers won’t buy for that high, but I’ll be happy with a dollar or two. I just want to get away from having to pay the disposition fee.
Looking for confirmation that we can only sell to chevy dealers, and the best way to inquire from multiple dealers.

The first post confirms that
HOWEVER if you sell to a group that owns a Chevy and say a Kia, the Kia can buy it out as it looks like the Group is buying it and not Kia.

Any lawyers on the thread to learn if this practice is legal?

Lol, go ahead get a lawyer and when you explain to the judge how you RENT a car and big bad GM isn’t letting you SELL the car, you just paid lawyer fees in vain.

But in non sarcasm mode, it’s their car and not yours, and you have two options, buy it or return it, and sometimes they let the ‘Sell’ slide, but not GM. If you want to see an even worse company, read the rules on volvo and Ally, and those make GM look like angels.

So I got curious on what happened to my 2020 that I swapped out of last July, finally went on sale in Kansas, good price too, Carfax shows the buyback though. This dealer has a pile of these buybacks.

https://www.victoryinpaola.com/inventory/used-2020-chevrolet-bolt-ev-lt-fwd-4d-wagon-1g1fy6s02l4107074/

3 Likes

That would be a pretty amazing deal for someone who qualifies for the $4K used EV credit.

Would be a steal with the used tax credit for a runabout car. This is what the cheap EV Fiats were going for and they only had 80 miles of range.

Now I’m tempted to hunt down my old VIN from the buy back.

1 Like

Curious how did you find it? I just Googled my VIN for my 2021 but nothing came up… Thanks

I’ve been googling the VIN periodically, just happened to be listed a couple of days ago after sitting around since last July

2 Likes

It looks like my LT may have sold already but the dealer who had it has a bunch of them and they were asking 18k for a similar car… branded title and all! :joy:

I think a low mile 2020 Bolt for $12k is a deal, I would have bought one locally if they were available, heck if I hadn’t have leased the Ariya, I would have been tempted to buy mine back.

Curious what the MMR is on these, like $10k, seems nuts to me.

1 Like

I get carvana emails about the two I had sometimes. Offers are WAY lower than 10k but I think that a branded title screws with their algorithm quite a bit.

What is branded title? Thanks

It may vary from state to state but generally, a car that has been bought back by the manufacturer is “branded” as a Lemon on the title. It generally makes the vehicle worth less than a traditionally titled vehicle and can be difficult to secure financing for.

1 Like

I certainly would have bought back my 2020 Bolt for $8k net!

Do these have swapped batteries or the original battery?

I feel like the 2020’s probably didn’t get them, they weren’t really the issue