GM Family First - Leveraging with a Lease

Apoligies if this is a rudimentary question (I’m new here), but I should qualify for a GM Family First discount due to my father’s past GM employee status. I am currently looking at a Chevy Bolt LT 36m/10k lease and am just starting to put feelers out to dealers. Should I mention this qualification upfront to get numbers low right off the bat, or withhold that information until I’ve tried to trim some fat otherwise with other dealer cash incentives?

Likewise, does anyone know how I should be pressuring to apply that discount? On the Family First website build option, it looks like the discount knocks off ~6.5% from MSRP. Should I try to hold dealers to applying that to the MSRP, then apply their discounts and lease incentives ($7250 for LT currently). Seems that would be the most leverage rather than applying the 6.5% at the end fo the discount chain, but not sure how dealers would typically treat this since presumably they get it kicked back from GM?

Really motivated chasing such a deal as the $8.6k one pay on Premier.

Thanks!

Every deal is different and you may or may not get a better deal with the GM Family First discount.

For my last lease in feb 2019, My lease payment (with GM Family First pricing) was about 15% less than the ad-car they had. Same car better deal.

Other leases I have done were better to go with the dealer blow-out lease deal than to use the employee certificate. It just depends on incentives (at both retail and to the dealer) available when you are ready.

Also for what it’s worth, I have a GM-card credit card where I get rebate money by charging stuff to the card. You can’t use the card I have on an employee deal.

Thanks very much for the input based on your experience. I will keep this in mind as I continue hunting and not necessarily hold the discount as a “golden ticket” haha