Glitchy scrolling on iPhone

It’s worse than ever. What a shame nobody can fix it. Annoying AF.

I understand. The challenge is knowing what is causing the issue. I have been using Chrome iOS15 to browse through large threads with ads – no glitch. Wonder if any member here has clues as to what can potentially be causing the issue?

1 Like

I use chrome as well with ios15 and when reading long threads specially 4xe thread it’s almost impossible to keep sanity

This issue is a little difficult for me to troubleshoot as I am a supporter and do not see ads. If I logout, I still don’t see ads due to the DNS ad blockers I have on my network.

I was able to replicate the issue in Chrome last week by being logged out and on cellular data. The scrolling jerkiness was apparent. I was wondering if the slower download on cellular contributes to ads loading slower, which causes the tables to shift?

Today I set my slower network to not mess with DNS and am not able to replicate the issue. I did have some smaller banner style ads cutting into the tables of posts, but after performing a complete cache clear that issue resolved.

I think the ads on the forum are part of a plug-in, which could have received an update? Has anyone went into Chrome and completely cleared their cache? While I don’t use Chrome on iOS, that seemed to fix some odd issues for me.

Thank you for the input! I also suspected that the issue had to do with caching or slow connection. I haven’t been able to attribute the issue to the ad plugin as I have experienced the jerkiness with and without ads; at the same time, I haven’t been able to reproduce the issue recently with or without ads. Yes the ad plugin is regularly updated (the last update was yesterday).

I did notice Chrome does some persistent caching, which had impacted my use on some other sites. I have since been regularly clearing my cache on Chrome. I am not sure if caching causes the jerkiness as I haven’t been able to reproduce the issue to test it. Let us know if clearing caching fixes the issue for those who are impacted!

Still happening for me and it is terrible. It happens around the ads.

Yup it’s annoying… i found a turnaround for that…. Became a SS :joy:

I’m getting it on iPhone 12 for several months now

Super annoying consistently does it when near a AD.

Just donate, goes away instantly as well as the ads.