Glitchy scrolling on iPhone

I used to have the issue but no longer have it

Still happening for me constantly. Makes reading threads nearly impossible on iPhone.

1 Like

Same here its like a goose chase just trying to read a post

2 Likes

Still happening. Just happened to me. Been a few weeks now.

happens to me too, was hoping someone would create a report. Impossible to scroll. Sometimes happens on PC but only a few lines at a time, not totally different section like on the iphone.

We did reach out to the forum software developer. It issue lies in when scrolling up, our viewpoint is from bottom to top; the posts, however, are rendered from top to bottom. This causes a problem when we scroll up too fast as the software doesn’t know the height of the posts above until the posts are fully loaded in the opposite direction of our scroll.

The developer doesn’t have a solution yet. I did create a report. I will report back if I get any update. Sorry guys.

4 Likes

It seems to be triggered when you try and view a post from anywhere other than directly going to the topic/post.

For example if you click at the bottom “most recent posts” or in “suggested topics

Use the Edge browser.

r/unpopularopinion but at least it works.

We updated the software 2 days ago and I haven’t been able to replicate the issue. We are still working with the software developer team to figure out the cause. Let me know if you are still experiencing the jumpy scrolling; if so, please detail how to replicate it. Thanks!

1 Like

Still happening i guess it happens after you pass an advertisement

1 Like

Still happening for me as well. I don’t see it as being tied to the ads, but it could be. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to when it skips around, it will just happen. And repeated attempts to get back to the same spot in the thread is futile, it will continue scrolling either up one or two posts or down. I will say I can bypass the jump around to some extent if I continue scrolling up and down in the same post just enough to keep the screen moving. Good luck, this problem is a real pita.

@Sharif You shouldn’t be seeing ads as a Supporter though?

@Thebrad So it usually happens when you scroll in both directions? I am trying to figure out how to replicate it.

Yea, if I try to scroll down to see it I’ll get pushed down the screen and if I try to scroll up it will push me up the screen….as if it doesn’t want me to read something.

For reference, running iPhone 12 with safari browser, latest iOS

Does this happen every time or only under a particular environment (e.g. slower internet speed)? I assume the issue occurs only on mobile? If you are experiencing the glitchy scrolling right now, could you access the forum in safe mode via the following link (please copy and paste in a new window) and see if the problem persists?

https://forum.leasehackr.com/safe-mode

To exit safe mode, you can simply close the window.

Thank you!

It happens every time, and yes on mobile only as I only browse on my phone.

I tried to access the safe mode link but it says I’m not authorized. I’ll try on chrome to see if that solves the issue. I have a hunch that the jumping around is related to the “auto loading” of new posts without having to refresh the page.

1 Like

Just tried chrome, exactly the same issue. I took a screen recording, I have near 100% chance of success in replication on the big wrangler 4xe post.

I’ve seeing adds for last couple of weeks… i guess my time expired

Any remedy for this situation? Its getting worse by the day! Makes it impossible to read a thread

2 Likes

Anybody still encountering glitch issue? Next time, wait till entire page is downloaded. I do not see any issue on my iphone using safari. Updated to ios15.

Still happening for me with IOS15 wirh Google chrome and Safari, doesn’t seem to discriminate.

1 Like