Getting out of 21' RAV4 lease

The best way to get out of the lease is to sell the car. Check Carvana, Vroom and CarMax, etc.

Honestly, it sounds like you do not like the car and this is a primary reason you want to get out of the lease.

We do not know everything about your situation, but is it possible that this type of behavior got you in a trouble in the first place?

Do you have a replacement car in mind? Budget? Right now might be good time to limit your loss on RAV4 but not to lease or buy a new car.

I would suggest you explore Bogleheads forum https://www.bogleheads.org to seek a financial wisdom.

1 Like

I have to agree with others that you are overthinking the image part here. My Realtor drives a Honda Civic and has been very busy since we started using her in 2012. She is d*mn good at what she does and that is what brings her clients, not her car. Iā€™d rather have a competent and aggressive realtor than a flashy one.

4 Likes

The lesson to be had here is to build what your goal deal should be, that way when they go in and pull a fast one youā€™d realize that your payment was $125 per month more than it should have been.

Also I donā€™t care what a realtor drives, if they are in a RAV4 and making me a good deal, I donā€™t care.

1 Like

One of the best dealers here was EthanRS (he gave some incredible bolt / kia deals), and his cars that he drives should be in Jay Lenoā€™s Garage, they are so expensive.

Does it make me a bad Toyota Salesperson if I still drive a VW Passat?

5 Likes

As long as your GM doesnā€™t put pressure on you who cares. Enjoy the German masterpiece. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have no idea where this comes from but Iā€™ve heard this a few more times. Anyone who is about to sign a contract worth for at least several hundred thousands of dollars (should) know that there is no correlation between what his realtor drives and his quality of service. If you want to impress your clients , demonstrate knowledge of your work until you gain more experience.

4 Likes

Our realtor drove a Kia Soul. It was awesome. The car she drove had no affect on her ability to do her job, and if she had a ā€œfancierā€ car it would have made no difference, and I wouldnā€™t have been more impressed.

1 Like

As everyone else said, just take this as a learning opportunity. It was your first lease and you got railed. This will teach you to not be rushed in a dealership ever again. Itā€™s not a very good deal, but I have seen WAY worse. Take it on the chin and learn from it.

Also, stop worrying about your image. A brand nee RAV4 is not even remotely an embarrassing car.

4 Likes

You can go pay 15K over sticker for a Telluride just think how impressive that would look.:shushing_face:

2 Likes

All depends on how you put a spin on itā€¦

1 Like

Any update on the paperwork? What does it specifically say about cancelling the protection plans?

yes it does

You guys are wasting your time responding anymore to this thread.

I am responding to your response concerning responding to concur with my own affirmative response.

2 Likes

Please donā€™t take this the wrong way but here goes, LOL, LOL, LOLā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

A Real Estate Professional who needs to find an Auto Broker to negotiate for him because he doesnā€™t know how to do it. :rofl:

Assuming youā€™re a male the sales staff at new car dealerships are just like women, (they can sense Desperation from a 100 miles away.

3 Likes

Negotiation is about product- and situation-specific knowledge. It isnā€™t about a personality type that can negotiate everything thru smooth talk or BDE or whatever it is youā€™re trying to imply.

Hiring a broker isnā€™t a moral choice any more than hiring a contractor or landscaper is a moral choice.

2 Likes

I hope he doesnā€™t see the thread with the real estate guy with the $2,000/month car allowance whoā€™s looking for a RR or an Aston Martinā€¦.

3 Likes

This is absurdly stupidā€¦ You should be thanking your lucky stars someone was able to get you into any car with that credit score, and I would imagine someone in your line of work should be aware to read whatever it is youā€™re signing. BTW, willing to bet that your 9 year old GLK350 was likely not much quicker than a new RAV4.

Just ride it out and chalk it up as a learning experience.

I am not grasping the economics here. Should a ā€˜realtorā€™ not be closing 4 deals a month at presentĀæ