Getting out of 21' RAV4 lease

Welp, in Cali, most towns have twice as many realtors as there are homes for sale…unless we end up with a wave of evictions that some anticipate, it’s a shit job right now.

Nobody said that this “20year vet” of real estate was any good especially judging by their credit scores and self image problems

Piling on. What little I remember of real estate law from business school is all real estate transactions must be in writing, due to the fact any oral agreement will always be superseded by written contracts. Yet, OP accepted/agreed to an oral statement without ensuring it was specifically added/revision made to the contract they signed, which is contrary to the standards and expectations of their own profession. I believe this often comes up concerning chattel when properties are sold (what personal property stays/goes). If I bought a 4 acre property with the understanding the expensive riding lawn mower I noticed in the garage would remain and my realtor failed to add this chattel to the contract believing the oral agreement would suffice, I would be pissed post closing when it was removed and the listing agent responds with, sorry it was not listed in the sales contract.

That is exactly one of the games that many dealers play, also why most of us choose to do our deals remotely. The sales people will beat you to death with back and forth, waiting, etc. until you just want to sign and get the heck out of there. Again, with being in real estate, I’m sure that you are more than familiar with contracts and how they should be handled. We’re not going to preach to the choir, but a contract should absolutely never be rushed.

Ouch. They did say their credit score is now 720.

Still waiting for a response.

If you can set yourself apart from the image, a RAV4 is a very practical car. Agents don’t drive their clients around anymore anyway. I’m a dentist and drove 2006 Corolla for my first 7 years (I graduated in 2010), then leased a cheap Q50, and drive a 4Runner now. Most of my colleagues drive much much MUCH more expensive cars.

If you’re going to talk image though, a 2012 GLK350 was not impressive.

1 Like

Some things don’t add up

FICO takes time to go up. If 720 now, probably wasn’t 650 seven months ago. Maybe the OP was just under the top credit tier and is now over? In any case, 720 not so terrible that this is a FICO crisis.

The OP implied that they wished some of the $4500 went to lowering their current payoff amount. No up front payment would do that (unless a one pay), the payoff is based on residual plus some credit for whatever payments were made over time. Whether the $4500 went towards protections and packages or to lower the monthly, the OP said they looked at the drive-off and the monthly and walked out ok with those numbers. So the $4500 in extra stuff really doesn’t have much to do with the OPs original issue of having to pay more than they thought to get out of the lease.

Think you have it backwards. As a rich dude if I see someone younger realtor driving a rav4 I think they have their stuff together if they pull up in a nicer car than mine I think in debt up to their eyeballs and priorities all wrong probably have bad credit and will sell me out for a deal. Btw a GLK screams I want to be like you and be in your club !!! Not I’ve made it I drive a Benz.

1 Like

Realtor drives nice car because they need to project the image that sell a lot of houses. I personally don’t care but it’s a different reason than people in other profession.

Last I heard you can’t sell out of a Toyota lease come 8/1 so better decide quick or it’s back to Toyota you go to get something from the Toyota bin or maybe Lexus.

Toyota doesn’t have any plan as of yet. My rep told me that just last week

OP ghosted a long time ago but can PM me if there’s any more questions

1 Like