Getting low balled by dealers on a Veloster N..not sure if should just sell private, are Hyundais this hard to sell?

, ,

In the Philly area and am looking to change my car. It has been so frustrating to try and sell my car. I did not have this issue with my Civic Si in 2020 or Miata last year (I am terrible at decisions). Are Hyundais really this bad at resale value (I knew they were bad before Covid but thought this would not be an issue with this car). The car sells for 29k+ anywhere I can see one but have gotten offers as low as 19k. I have been looking at the Elantra N but not even sure if I should get a Hyundai again and regret it when it is time to sell.

The used market across the board is weird right now

Yeah it’s definitely at its worst. Low trade in values but still high prices. I was getting 24-27k easily some months ago.

Used market is taking a hit right now, but who has appraised this car? Local dealers or the big online used car brands? Also, what are you expecting to get for it?

Local dealers and online. I would personally be happy with 25-27 but it seems that if I want that, I may need to sell private. I really don’t want to do that though!

What year and how many miles?

2019 with the performance package (seen some without it at 28k). 29k miles no issues.

What was the price new?

That’s the market right now. :man_shrugging:

29k but they raised the price to 32k for other years.

I think you are expecting too much. I found a 2020 with 29k miles for $25.5k, 2020 with performance and 26k miles for $26.9k, and a 2019 with 31k miles for $27.2k. All have no accidents or other damage. Dealers appraise based on the low end of the market, not the high-end.

2 Likes

Yeah, it seems that I may just have to wait :frowning:

Not to rain on you but you did see what Carvana is selling them for?
It’s not the ‘N’ but even the 2020N they have is $29k

honestly I don’t know if it’s worth 29k, dealers may be asking for that, but a 2020 with perf package and 18k miles sold at 27k in April on cars and bids, and I believe the market was higher then

No one appears to have asked the other obvious question: is your Hyundai leased or financed?

Damn. I mean this helps me get an idea. Idk if I’m just being hopeful here lol

It’s financed

1 Like

Great news: delays getting titles from Hyundai financial has been a problem for people buying out their leases.

If it’s financed then I’m curious what you would be waiting for? Can’t imagine the direction of the market will reverse?

1 Like

Who’s the target buyer for this 3 year old car $5k off from msrp of new one?