Getting low balled by dealers on a Veloster N..not sure if should just sell private, are Hyundais this hard to sell?

, ,

I’m curious…wait for what? You’ve already waited months and look where the car sits.

The market isn’t going to grant you a comically high trade value (which we saw for much of Covid) along with a heavily discounted deal on the new purchase. Unless it happens to be a unicorn deal, but I don’t see that happening.

Edit: A 30 second second search and I can get the car in the mid to upper $20k’s. The used market is trending downward, again, I don’t see the money here with this car. An intelligent dealer isn’t going to pay absolute top dollar so it is guaranteed for them to lose money. It is a risk as it is.

Thank you all, really helped put things in perspective of how the market has changed (just wish leasing numbers would go back to how they were :slight_smile: )

To make things a bit more simplistic…

used vehicle values at Manheim:

3 Likes

is it a 6 speed? might do well on cars and bids if it is. what do you need to get out of it?

You’re just going to get an even lower trade in value in the future, how does waiting make your value go up?

Question has been answered. Closed per OP’s request.