Genesis GV70 Lease Deal. Should I go w a Broker?

Comedic geniuses can’t wait for a Genesis thread to pop up to post the original and hilarious “You want to buy Hyundai for $___???”. Even bimmerpost has less replies like that.

1 Like

I think it’s very few people. Mainly ones who are completely uninformed and are making totally random comments (AFAIK, OP never compared the GV70 to an X5).

$1,500 under list is generous ATM for one of these. I had a client recently regale me with an offer at $5,000 over list at a cost of ~$1,200/mo for 36/10.

1 Like

It’s the same lazy cliche as always. “Could have gotten a BMW for the same payment.” Always apples to oranges.

Even if the discussion had been about a GV80, it would have been some other false equivalence, like a loaded GV to a base X5.

2 Likes

How about buying out the GV70 3.5T Advanced (around $59.5k before taxes and fees) instead of leasing then selling it after 3 years, you might still come out better than the $1k/month lease.

Btw…I did test drive the GV70 3.5T yesterday and it has loads of power and all the goodies, but the seating position was a bit too high for my liking (I am 6ft tall) and my head was too close to the roof. My wife too didn’t like the seating position and she is around 5’ 4". Anecdotally that dealer quoted me a lease of $1030 all inclusive for 36/10k. If I were you and like the GV70 I’d rather buy than lease.

2 Likes

Where are you seeing the $49.5k price?

I’ve also been researching the GV70 2.5 (purchase, not lease). I was told they are only making 2.5 Standards as special order for the time being. They few you see in the lot/on autotrader are likely vehicles where the customer ordered then backed out. I ultimately went up one trim to the 2.5 Select, which my local dealer has on an incoming allocation. So if you want a 2.5 Standard, find a dealer who will let you place a build order with no obligation. For whatever reason most won’t do it, but I found a couple who would.

$59.5k sorry typo there. Fat fingering on the phone. Although how I wish it was 49.5k :wink:

Yeah true. Most dealers are not taking any build order without a contract and a deposit.

Also, all I see in sporadic stock are the 3.5Ts. Haven’t seen a single 2.5 in my area. In this size, I guess 2.5 is enough for most buyers and way cheaper unless you are looking for a Macan S kinda performance or to surpass a BMW X3M which it will beat hands down with its 375BHP. Macan Turbo is a far reach here though :wink:

1 Like

I second the GV70 2.5T base version that is a screaming value at $42k ~, I would buy it in a heartbeat if I could find one in my area, but sadly there are none.

A GV-70 3.5T at 62k is much nicer than any X3 m40i. That I’ve seen.

With that said, the driving experience is wholly different and the X3 is the better performance SUV. The GV-70 is definitely a class competitor and I have been looking at it for a while.

Love the oval-theme with the material choices and interior colors.

When I looked at the GV70 I thought some of the packages were really good value.

2.5 advanced might be the sweet spot IMO

1 Like

There is a dealer an hour away from me that has six (out of eight) 2.5T GV70: https://www.genesisofarlington.com/all-inventory/index.htm?compositeType=new&year=2022&model=GV70&sortBy=internetPrice%20asc.

Not sure if they do out of state deals, but it does not hurt to ask.

EDIT: The cars show as being in transit.

I get into the “if spending this much, why not go one further up” syndrome as the price difference starts to narrow. The 3.5T Advance is I guess (don’t quite me on that) about $8k more than the 2.5T Advance with significantly more powerful engine… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

It is a never ending pitfall :money_mouth_face:. Who said buying autos was a rational financial decision anyways :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

It really boils down to whether you are buying the car for the bells and whistles or the crackles and pops.

Example:

Loaded X3 30i vs poverty spec X3 M40i.
Similar price, but each fun/useful in their own way.

4 Likes

Ideally crackles and whistles all the way if only I was driving. But the missus might wanna lean to the other side :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Yes to the person that mentioned the advance package and $59.5k. They have one with the additional package for another,?4900 so it’s at 64.4k. They gave me $1500 off and the $3500 maintenance warranty and $900 gap insurance. I’ll probably just tell them to drop the ridiculous crap since I like the HUD and wouldn’t pay for the package. They don’t have the $59.5 one in black black so that’s why looking at the other. I’ll keep you posted. For those mentioning Hyundai doesn’t matter to me, they have been killing it lately and Genesis as a brand is fighting way above it’s weight. Thanks for all the opinions,!

Any genesis broker in northeast? Looking for GV80

Gap on a Genesis? Isn’t it included?

1 Like

If it’s a lease, yes, gap is included.

1 Like