Genesis G80 - How bad?

An effective $608+tax on a $53k car. I wouldn’t classify that as good. It’s not horrible for a Genesis.
Having looked at the Genesis I don’t see anything that would justify that kind of monthly payment. Definitely much better values for the payment.

$2,000 down is the lease down payment and part of drive off. Applying the rebate to the drive off brings it down to $219. That’s very close to $0 DAS.

I’m turning in a leased 2016 Genesis. The rebate in 2016 was $6,000, so for Genesis that’s not uncommon.

Still not following. 2k is an incentive from Genesis for returning lease customers or it’s money you have to put down for this lease?

Ehh splitting hairs but no. If the post sale rebate comes back 30 days after delivery and car is totaled on day 31, you lost your $3219 out of pocket. If you pay $0 at signing and take the rebate, same scenario you are out 2 slightly higher payments and keep the rebate.

Total 36 month lease cost is $19,877 or $552/mo including drive off, tax and all fees.

*after post sale rebate

1 Like

I’m shocked that there’s a post sale rebate available. Are you sure it’s post sale?

1 Like

$2K is the down to reduce cap cost. Cap cost is $45,450.
$3K is the total rebate for loyalty and other rebates. There is no option from Genesis to take the rebate as cash.

Yes, same was true when I leased the 2016 Genesis.

They sent you a check after the fact for a loyalty rebate?

No, it was applied to drive off cost. The drive off cost for my 2016 was $6,000. Rebate was $6,000. Drive off equal $0

Ok, so it isn’t a post-sale rebate then.

So are you actually putting $2k down or are they just applying the rebate as a cap cost reduction?

1 Like

Even at $552 I don’t think it’s a good deal for the G80. Frankly - it sounds like no matter what anyone says you want to do the deal. If you want it just get it.

2 Likes

If you’re trying to actually look at a ~$217 DAS lease with the rebate properly accounted for, your calculator should look more like this:

Total lease costs is the same, but the cash flow is different.

1 Like

I’m not really looking at other manufacturers or models. I’d like to hear from anyone that has actual information on G80 leasing.

It’s a matter of personal preference as far as the G80. I looked at BMW an Audi. The list of options and packages for both is ridiculously long. Trying to find one with the feature set I want is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Yes, there are huge discounts on those brands. Even with Audi’s $11,000 off an A6, the low residual and high money factor generate lease payments close to $800/mo. For $300/mo less and free maintenance I’ll stay with the G80.

Thanks to all for their comments and suggestions.

1 Like

Then what exactly is your question? You asked for thoughts or suggestions and that is exactly what you got. As I said previously just do it if you want it. I don’t think you are going to get some kind of reassurance that you’re getting a great deal but that seems to be what you’re looking for.

Thanks, but I don’t see any actual numbers that so me there’s a better lease

Yeah - I am done wasting my time. Still not sure what you were looking for here.

Good luck with the lease and I hope you thoroughly enjoy your car.

1 Like

Do you actually know anything about G80 leases? Seems like you basically threw out some general stuff that works on BMW’s that charge extra for heated seats on a 70k car

Actually, yes. I had a 2015 and shopped quite extensively last year for a new one. It’s a nice car, no one is disputing that. It is not, however, a great (or good even) lease value. To each their own.

I leased a 2019 Genesis G80 Ultimate RWD, in zip 94538. I’m very satisfied with the car and lease. Here are the numbers and hope it helps anyone looking at a G80.

MSRP: $53350
Sales Price $48,350
36 mo/ 10k miles
RV: .52
MF: .00008
Incentives: $3,000
Pre Tax: $516/mo
Drive off: $1525

1 Like