Genesis G70 Offer - Long Island

@VirginiaBeacher @mp11477
Agreed. Not counting on it. I did my best to negotiate on the lease. But I am always hopeful when finance charges and residuals both are low. Also I do think G70 is different than rest of the genesis family where it has relatively rave reviews. Given this is first year for model, no one can really predict. Only time will tell. I am just stating it is a possibility.

I dont see you getting a much much better deal then that - the deal you have, the dealer gave you holdback and earnback.

Your best shot is to wait till end of month and try to get them to apply some flex (rebate) coupons, $500 each can apply up to four on a G70. Dealers have a limited supply of these coupons based on how many Genesis brand cars they sold the month prior.

These dealers have been struggling to keep these g70s in stock since release, no long island dealers to my knowledge are in an over surplus on their genesis ineventory, so I dont see any dealer wanting to lose money on them at this point. Maybe as the 2020s near closer, manufacturer steps up in rebates etc to help dealers offload the remaining units.

The dealership I’m dealing with has a few cars on car gurus over 160 days. Another salesmen from another dealer told me they are moving slow. The Stamford, CT dealer has 7 or 8 cars over 200 days on the lot. Their heads are just gassed up due to the Car of the Year award and all the stellar reviews.

I understand your point from a customers point of view. However, as I mentioned the dealers arent in the position at the current time frame where they have to get rid of that particular car (2019 G70) at a loss. The deal you got is a dealer taking a $0 deal. They are just simply giving you the car at cost, and moving a car off the lot.

Yes dealers have cars on the lot for x amount of days, but that is the reason you are getting the car discounted, keep in mind, several months ago the dealers were getting well above MSRP for them.

You also asked if you could get any better, which I provided an angle for you to continue your negotiations. Ask for some flex cash, whether you physically ask or just simply ask for another $1000 in discount to get you to your desired payment etc. Not sure if you have already moved on, or purchased or what. But if I was still in the market, I would continue talks with those dealers throughout the month, and as the month end nears, make an offer. If they need another unit, they will be more likely to deal and give you those coupons at month end.

Thank you for the Tips i am still in the market. My Infiniti Q50 isn’t due back until Nov 30th. I rather not get another Infiniti LOL

1 Like

Yeah skip the Nissan… I mean Infiniti. But I know i may get flack for this but if BMW aint an option you can always look at a Alfa Romeo Giulia which drive pretty amazing (and if its only a 2 year lease you wont have to worry about long term reliability):

Also, Westbury Alfa Romeo was offering a lease deal.

1 Like

Better than what I was offered back in March. 47k MSRP $600/m $2000 DAS, 12k/36m. Maybe they’ve been sitting too long in the lot so incentives are getting better and dealers are being more aggressive.

@Long_island did u get the car?
I went to a dealer in LI and was not getting anything near that deal.

Which dealership and which trim ? Do you have conquest?

Welcome @Carguy101, I recommend you study up on Leasing 101 and then ask questions.

The Genesis is a fantastic car, I wanted that car originally, but I have no Hyundai dealerships selling genesis in my area, the closet one is in Sacramento and that’s a bit of a drive to test drive a car.

I’ve read many reviews and watched many reviews online and it’s truly a drivers car.
The only knock I would give them is the infotainment system and the audio system, but other than that the rest is top notch.

If I were in the market for it I’d get the AWD option because of snow up here.

For the money they offer excellent value.

If they are offering you around $479 mo then that’s an amazing deal!

2019 Genesis G70 2.0T Advanced AWD

Can i get the MF and residual on a 36 month lease at 10k miles a year? 92111.

Thanks

Edmunds has that info. We don’t.

Thank you!

I got a Genesis dealer down to $3,645 DAS and $469/month for the 2019 G70 3.3T Prestige MSRP $51,145. Lease is 10K/36 and they are including my last 2 BMW payments of $575 in the lease. 10% discount before $7K in incentives. Residual is only 46% but MF is 0.00017 (0.4%).

I also was able to get BMW down to $535/ $2,000 DAS for a 2020 M340i with only metallic paint and 19" rims (bare bones) with them including my last 2 BMW payments of $575 in the lease. Was quoted $599/$1,621 DAS for a $61,870 special order M340iX.
Thoughts?

What’s the MSRP on this? Selling price? MF/RV and incentives used?

This might help someone. I got this quote recently on 2019 3.3. G70 - CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE AND GET BREAKDOWN DETAILS MF and residual at bottom of image

We don’t even know how much you’re paying your state and how much you’re paying for the car.

Click the image it will enlarge with all the details - in Michigan

On the BMW M340i for $535 MSRP is $56,145. I believe residual for RWD 10K is 61% like the AWD. MF is 0.00137 for January. Did not get the selling price. But lease included my remaining BMW payments of $1,150. Incentives were $2,000 loyalty and $1,000 lease credit.