Funniest/most ridiculous dealer replies you've ever gotten

Cough if this is in Southern California, I know quite a few people who have lots of cash and will pay extra for a Customized BMW. (Now where they got that ‘cash’ I won’t say)

DFW, but might as well be the same as SoCal.

This was three years ago. I was getting info on an Audi S4 (which I ended up not getting). The internet sales department gave me a monthly price, which was absurd. I asked for an itemized deal sheet, and this was the response. (Read up from the bottom)

2 Likes

As background, guy quoted me $530/mo on a $43.6k LT1. Not the absolute worst first offer I’ve gotten on these cars, but the part where he says he’s “affraid that other dealers are quoting [me] 1LT’s” is just sad.

1 Like

Only 50% more than an M440i

Gotta pay to play.

1 Like

The saga continues

20 Likes

“Would you hook me up with your guy?”
“Sure, that’ll be 599 dealer customer fee”

9 Likes

Maybe I will get a referral fee.

2 Likes

@asfarr86 heres the real play

text him back: “If I can get you one at 6% off MSRP on a custom order are you good to go?”

11 Likes

Lol, but warn him, for he will be entering a scary dungeon of lease hacking for the 1st time, and he might be scared initially for what he sees

2 Likes

Amazing how fast they dropped that $5k market adjustment tho…

3 Likes

Beautiful thing the market that is… Instantly adjusted itself at first sight of other options

Wait, what? Did I misread something? Where did the BMW come from? :laughing:

Verifying the lease conquest incentive

3 Likes

Gonna keep that next time I get hit that with that line.

Apparently a dealer rep I reached out but never got an agreement on pricing with in the past (MB) believed I am longer worthy of their automatic emails, so they decided to automagically make sure I also get their Infiniti store new car specials…

Me: Asking for 14% off a leftover X3M

Dealer:Think about it like a Black Friday Sale…

Nobody goes into Best Buy on Black Friday and offers $550 for the $1,200 TV that they are selling for $799. It’s already massively discounted. And yet I’m offering to discount my “TV” even further and match what Target is doing if you can show me you have a lower offer from them.

Me: I went to Target and here’s proof

Dealer: I can’t match that

Me: but you pwomised… :lying_face:

8 Likes

Further to my M3 “inquiry” got this gem today:

Yup, we know how you should use your tax refund—it’s basically not even money out of your pocket!

4 Likes

I’m surprised this is referencing tax returns and not stimulus checks

2 Likes

Stimulus checks are given on any new car deal, they go towards DAS :slight_smile:
Well, maybe it is also given that M3 shoppers don’t qualify for stimulus checks lol

1 Like

I sure don’t.

2 Likes