Forum within a Forum

Just had a thought. I was thinking how about in the ask and share a deal categories, we have a subforum for each brand. I know the search option is there for searing BMW or Mercedes, or whatever, but what if we could move all BMW threads to a BMW subforum, Mercedes threads to a Mercedes subforum etc. It would make it easier to sort, and might even get rid of the repetitive questions.

1 Like

I second that …

I’ve said this before - all topics should be categorized by brands first, like Edmunds.

2 Likes

I’m all for this idea too.

What if we just group it by European, Japanese, American?

Edit: I like the way this forum is. But if it’s organized we can always have a sidebar with the hottest topics

If you’re going to do that might as well put a little extra work and organize it by brand.

I think it’s better to just do it by brand because then if someone doesn’t know where the brand it from, they can post it by the brand, which I hope they know since they are shopping it or have shopped it lol

Alfa Romeo, Maserati, jaguar LR will have such low attention but I suppose it can work out :thinking:

I like this idea, or maybe even segment. That way a person looking for a particular type of car (suv, sedan, truck) can see threads that contain information for his or her situation.

That’s what Tags would come in handy for, assuming everyone would use it. Maybe another option would be to make it mandatory to select if the vehicle is a truck, SUV, sedan, coupe etc.

I like it the way it is.

I like the idea.
But it has a drawback - its going to be a bit harder and more annoying to simply surf the place for enjoyment and answer random threads, since your going to have to narrow to specific sub forums

You can always select “latest” :slight_smile: That’s what I do.

1 Like

Yup, we can still leavee the feed on the right side of the page, but when you click on Ask a hackr or share a deal, you can narrow it to the brand from there. Plus you still have the “latest” option that Ursus mentioned!

sub categorizing by brand defeats the purpose of this forum, which is a general lease forum not brand specific. I suspect you would end up with a lot of activity in some forums and none in others. So if someone has questions about a car that’s not popular, he’s unlikely to get answers because everybody will be lurking in their fav sub forums.

I do agree though that there should be some way or sorting by brand, somehow tag the threads etc.

5 Likes

Well, no, what I mean is that leave the front page of forums as is, and even when you click on the ask or share a deal tab, you can leave that as is as well, but also have subforums or a “folder” so to say for specific brands.

This would be easier to look at all Mercedes threads, or all BMW threads etc.

How’s that different from now? Only I respond in Subaru threads ))

yes but you’re “special” :rofl:

Seriously, some threads are not active anyway. So, no difference.

if you’re only interested in subaru, you’re unlikely to ever even see other threads such as a general discussion texas lease taxes etc because that wouldn’t be in a subaru thread.