Formula One 2022!

Gene Haas is plugging the gap for now, but if they keep performing like this I am sure they won’t have a shortage of sponsors

1 Like

Personally I hope Haas has to sell to Andretti or something like that so we can eventually see Colton Herta. As nice as it is to see them doing fairly well, Gene has run that team like a skinflint until he was forced not to. Even then, I’m betting that some deal was made through F1 that didn’t leave him completely on the hook, they just wanted the Mazepins gone. Also, as of right now Gene isn’t spending anything extra since they haven’t returned any money to Uralkali/Mazepin. I understand the political tension at the moment but I think Haas and Guenther took a real chickensh*t way out with Mazepin. To be clear, I think he should have been dropped on merit alone after last year. He probably needed another year in F2 but Haas needed his money, don’t forget that. When he was keeping the team afloat they had no problem keeping him around, but things get politically dicey through no fault of Nikita’s and they drop him AND keep his money? That’s just low and they are only getting away with it because of the current anti Russian sentiment.

To sell my Miami tickets or not. That is the question. I’m looking at a 5 figure profit but I’ve never been to a race. I wish I bought more

For that kind of profit i would sell especially this early in season an try to reinvest in a “cheaper” race later on. Formula one is not going anywhere.

1 Like

You could probably do yourself a big favor and upgrade to a European race for your first time, or even save money going to Austin instead (although I suspect that Austin will adjust prices accordingly after seeing what people were willing to pay for Miami, thanks Netflix!). Heck, with some decent planning for the same amount of money you could probably go see the real Marina in Monaco instead of the Walmart Monaco Marina they are building down there (had to steal that one from Reddit, unfortunately.)

Yeah but it’s like 25 mins from my house so super convenient. I’m not even into it so bought just bc it was local. I’ll prob go to the Friday or Saturday race and sell my Sunday seats. They’re going for like 5k each on stubhub. Crazy

Sunday is the actual race I believe while friday, saturday is qualifying, practice, etc

1 Like

Is there an F2 and/or W Series race scheduled for that weekend? I suppose you could get to see those at least, but Sunday is where it’s at. I just can’t believe that they were selling tickets for a “Family” grandstand that would have been in excess of 3 grand for a family of 4 to attend. That takes some real nerve! I think I was looking at Family grandstand tickets in Montreal that were around 800 dollars TOTAL for the weekend before the entire world went to hell and everything was cancelled.

Monaco is the most boring race though. There’s hardly any place to overtake or hardly any high-speed corners. Give me Hockenheim, Spa, Monza, etc any day.

2 Likes

True, I’m just talking about the overall experience versus whatever they are building down there. Spa and/or Monza are bucket list items for sure. If I was gonna go to a street circuit it would probably be Baku or Singapore for actual racing quality over Monaco.

1 Like

I need to remember to start flipping these tickets.

Ferrari competitive is brilliant, but redbull if they solve their issues are a contender.

1 Like

When did you buy them that you’re looking at such a big profit

I went twice to Imola and one to Monza when I was a kid and lived in Italy … if you’ve never been, just goooooooooooooooo … or as they said, use the profit to go to Monza in the fall haha

The sound and overall vibe of today’s cars is going to be much different from those times, but man, it’s awesome

P.S. No, I’m not buying the tickets hahah

2 Likes

A friend got my 2 I believe they went on sale in October. He’s really into it and is flying down for it so figured I would go to meet up with them. They were like $1700 each so not cheap at face value either.

I’m not sure if they’re actually selling on stubhub at these prices but based on the cheapest price in my section they’re on stub hub for 1200 Friday, $1800 sat, and Sunday $6000. Pretty crazy. I’m def going to go to one of the days.

1 Like

The Tifosi are like crack addicts. They just need a little taste and then it’s all over. There’s probably hordes of Italians paying that thinking that they will get to see Charles Leclerc crowned champion with 2/3rds of the season left to go. I tend to take a little more balanced approach, I’m encouraged by the performance but I realize it’s a loooooong season and a lot could happen, so I will not be paying $6,000 to see Charles crowned world champion in Miami. I do, however think that we are so $&@#ing back.

2 Likes

I’ll go to Abu Dhabi this year - promise.

2 Likes

2 Likes

That was fun to wake up to! Between how well they’ve been doing and Red Bull’s problems they are in a great position right now.

1 Like

So anyone went to the Miami race? @Jrouleau426 did you end up selling your tickets?

I went Saturday and was pretty disappointed at the venue. Heard many horror stories about the Vip areas etc on Sunday as well. It was pretty cheesy with their fake marina/beaches etc compared to places like Monaco. I’m sure it was a huge boon for the economy here though. People were charging $100 for parking and they had to walk 1 mile plus to get there.

1 Like