Ford Mustang Mach-E -- MY23 Order Banks are Open

Yah, I figured it would a snowball’s chance in heck that it would arrive in So Cal by the end of the year…

At least I got the MME showing on my Ford Pass app!

Officially built!
Ready for shipping…
Who knows when it will arrive in So Calif ?
Any bet takers ??

1 Like

I got the same message! I think our cars are on the same schedule.

1 Like

Yah, we might be on the same rail cars.

I can’t believe it has to travel to Texas first then route to California.

I thought there was a direct Mexico to California route ???

If you haven’t noticed, Ford’s bet is between 1/4-10.

1 Like

Delivery Dec 30-Jan 4th

Does the vehicle have to be in possession of the Ford dealer to sign the paperwork by Dec 31?

1 Like

Yes, dealer must be in possession and the buyer has to sign the contract before 12/31 for the full tax credit.

Mine is looking like it will miss the boat - landing in January 2023.

Hoping at least half credit…

If you’re able to afford a Lightning and a Mach=E… you may not qualify per income restriction.

Work for the state government and don’t exceed income requirements - wish I did exceed $150K then I don’t have to file for a tax credit. :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

@4sallypat I’m in the exact same boat as you - Select has shipped and its ETA is 01/10. Other folks on this site seem to be convinced that the full $7500 tax credit will still apply if ordered before IRA was passed. What do you think?

NVM, the income restriction is for additional state rebate program, $2000 for me in Socal
https://afdc.energy.gov/laws/409
The link didn’t specify my amount, the email about my order from Ford did.

If you have a binding contract.

1 Like

And then the $7500 would be applied to 2023 taxes correct? I wondering anyone will remember all the rules in April of 2024 …

We’re beyond flowchart territory.

If you have a signed sales contract in 2022 for an eligible EV, and you take delivery before tax day, you can include it in your 2022 returns/filing. You could file an extension and include the EV rebate when you file later (by Oct?).

If you take delivery after you file 2022 and don’t want to amend, you should be able to file in 2023. But always ask your CPA, and good luck to the H&R Block class of Q1 2023 :tada:

1 Like

I have a Mach E coming in a week. Is it better to take delivery now or push it into Jan? Sorry if this is a dumb question, pretty new to all of this.

If you have tax liability in 2022… take delivery ASAP and don’t wait for uncertain battery mineral rules in 2023.

3 Likes

What’s the general consensus on these to flip? I have a 23 premium awd ext battery (msrp 68k) that Id want to decrease tax liability. I’m cool with losing $1k or so up front if needed but will I need to pay like $4k to get out of this thing?

Crap shoot, values are definitely not what they were, like everything else. You are most likely gonna take a hit selling it, and it may wipe out most if not all the tax credit to break even.

We had a very solid offer of 55k from Carvana for our Premium we got off the lot in October. We paid 51k plus taxes so after EV credit we would’ve been ahead. Sadly, my wife doesn’t want the Red 2023 we have in order due to land soon so we ended up not selling it. Last check Carvana said they can’t even make an offer and dealer offered 45k. I wouldn’t buy with the intention of flipping it.

a good reminder to always lock those offers in if you can with Carvana, especially if it’s a manual appraisal and stays for more than 7 days. When we sold our select AWD for 53k in October the market was already dropping but we were locked in.