Ford Mustang Mach-E -- MY23 Order Banks are Open

My question to you is why haven’t you taken that

2 Likes

Who is offering that?

1 Like

Idk how but its Carvana

1 Like

Your dealer is most likely incorrect, they should honor the original numbers per Ford. If you fish around on the Mach E forum, several members have mentioned they had to contact the dealer’s Ford rep to enforce/explain the price protection, and Options plan. Pretty sure I will have to do this when mine comes in, dealer seemed completely clueless.

Carvana gave a ridiculous offer on a jeep recently. Why I do not know but it has been accepted. When you fire 2.5k employees, guess frees up some cash.

1 Like

As @nypharm said, I think them laying off all those employees has them bumping up their offers. I went through the same on my jeep with them

Assume a 66k car. With 10.5% tax rate, registration, that comes total to around 74k. Carvana would have to offer me 9k over sticker for me to even breakeven… Not sure if that’s worth it

You don’t qualify for the fed rebate or am I missing something here?

I thought you had to wait until tax time to get the rebate before you could sell the car?

Think you need to keep it for the whole tax year to qualify for that rebate. Otherwise you do not qualify. Might be wrong.

Length of time doesn’t matter for the fed credit. You can’t claim it if your objective is to resell but that stipulation is really easy to sidestep around for people. You can literally drive 50 miles and come to the conclusion that you don’t like the car and sell it and claim the credit.

1 Like

So, hypothetically speaking. I can pick up an EV in Jul 2022. Drive 500 miles. Sell it in Aug 2022.

Next year, in Feb 2023, when filing my taxes, I can still claim the EV credit?

1 Like

Wrong. There is no time requirement for the fed rebate.
Also you shouldn’t be paying tax on the full amount because the ford option isn’t on the full price. You have a balloon payment due at the end.

Correction: appears tax is on the full amount since it is a sale.

I paid full tax on Ford Option, its a purchase regardless of how you repay it

1 Like

I am pretty sure since its a purchase, you have to pay full tax on the sale price

1 Like

Then I stand corrected. Figure you needed to keep it until end of tax year. Guess not.

Yeah. I double checked, good point.

MY 22 Mach-E GT PE
Ordered Nov 2021
In Production Mar 2022
Built May 2022
(Dealer Estimated) Arrival: 1-7 July 2022

If this holds it will be 8 months from order to delivery. . . .(I’ll believe it when it gets here)

WTF. Ordered Select 2wd w/ options on 2/28…dealer did Priority Code 10…crickets.

Whats the difference between in production and built? Mine says production week of Jun 13 and I ordered Apr 8th